Torqueless grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torqueless grips

has anyone ever made their own? i was thinking of making some and want to know the do's and dont's of it.

What do you have in mind?

In general, the newest, latest-and-greatest bows all have skinny risers in the handle area, the theory being the less you have in contact with your hand, the less you can torque the bow (I think).

Somebody showed me to put my finger tips lightly on the front of the riser to stop torquing and gripping after releasing, and I do that on both my compound and recurve.

Comment

I have thought about designing a grip accessory that eliminates torque. Basically it is a piece of PVC pipe approx. 1 inch tall X just big enough to fit around the handle that is cut in half and glued back together around the grip. Then you just grip the piece of PVC pipe which prevents the bow from being gripped itself which prevents torque.

Did any of that make sense?

Comment

http://www.torqueless.com

something along these lines. looks simple enough to build using the stock grip as a template.

Comment

i made one. i took a couple of scraps of cedar cut them into 2 planks then sanded them down to fit. then i stained them and put a couple coats of poly. by the time your done sanding if its to thin to but the bolt form the origional grip back on jus add some superglue. works like a charm and increased my accuracy.

Comment

Nope..

Toot

Comment

shouldnt be too hard. rip or sand to the thickness you want, if you have to drill them then do it before you round any edges. sandpaper and a rasp and go to town

Comment

Working...
              X