Rifle rest for tripod blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle rest for tripod blind

Looking for a way to make a "gun cradle" for a tripod stand. The link is not the exact stand I have but the seat looks the same.

I'm looking for ideas on how to attach a arm to the seat that would stick out in front of you from between your legs to hold a rifle steady. Any ideas?

Take a look at the Key Hunting Products tree stands, they have a optional gun rest that goes on the seat.

Providing a surprisingly human shopping experience. Trusted and secure. Millions of domains to choose from.

Comment

Yes, Gametamer has a gun rest attached to the seat that is easy to adjust and moves with the seat.
      It's kind of like being in a turrent on a gun ship. Where ever your seat is pointing, the gun rest is right there to help you keep it steady.

What I like about it is that it is also easy to remove or put back on the stand.
      Once you get the braket attached to the bottom of the seat, then the rest can be attached or removed without the need for tools.

Comment

Time for the dumb question, doesnt this stand have a shooting rail to steady your gun? I have a strongbuilt tripod that has a shooting rail on 4 sides. I cut the railing on one side and then use PVC to make it removable for bow hunting {cut rail at both ends, slide PVC over one end, return the cut railing to it's original place and slide the PVC pipe over so 1/2 is on the cut piece and 1/2 is on the remaining rail. This makes it removable bow hunting or put it in place for rifle. Woody

Comment

Originally posted by woody View Post
          Time for the dumb question, doesnt this stand have a shooting rail to steady your gun?
          It does have a rail all around, but it is a little low to be able to rest the gun on. I have to rest my elbow/arm and hold the gun up a few inches. It's OK, but I was trying to make the gun more stable.

Are the gametamer and/or Key Hunting Products gun rests universal? Or do they just fit those stands? I do not want to purchase another stand just the gun rest.

Comment

This may be a stupid question, but why would you want a RIFLE rest?

Comment

I got picked on some public rifle hunts and expect to take some longer shots.

Comment

Otay!

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
                  Are the gametamer and/or Key Hunting Products gun rests universal? Or do they just fit those stands? I do not want to purchase another stand just the gun rest.
                  Everything is universal with a fire axe and a little cracker jack box . Or what I would do is build my own based of that concept.

Good Luck

Comment

Actually the Keyhunting is a copy of the Gametamer. I believe that the gun rest is universal.

Comment

The tripod I bought came with one.

Sportsman's Guide carries top-quality discount Outdoor and Hunting Gear, Guns, Ammo, Fishing Supplies and more - all at great low prices!

I have the rest and will never use it, you are more than welcome to it if you want to pay the shipping. Or if we can find a TBH Express from Dallas to you.

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
                        It does have a rail all around, but it is a little low to be able to rest the gun on. I have to rest my elbow/arm and hold the gun up a few inches. It's OK, but I was trying to make the gun more stable.

Why don't you get a 1x4 board and set a front shooting bag on the end? You can lay the 1x4 across the tripod basket and extend the front as far out as you need. That would be very stable. I saw this on The Bucks of Tecomate and set it up in my tripod this year.

Seems like a better solution that attaching something to the bottom of the chair which would be in the way a lot. I'd worry about clearance inside the basket when you are spinning around.

Comment

I thought the Tecamote rig looked pretty neat too!

Comment

[QUOTE=innergel;324352]Why don't you get a 1x4 board and set a front shooting bag on the end? You can lay the 1x4 across the tripod basket and extend the front as far out as you need. That would be very stable. I saw this on The Bucks of Tecomate and set it up in my tripod this year.
                            QUOTE]

I'm going to steal that idea. I like it. You could also put lips under the board to keep it form sliding sideways, just back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by cajundave View Post
                              Originally posted by innergel View Post
                              Why don't you get a 1x4 board and set a front shooting bag on the end? You can lay the 1x4 across the tripod basket and extend the front as far out as you need. That would be very stable. I saw this on The Bucks of Tecomate and set it up in my tripod this year.
                              I'm going to steal that idea. I like it. You could also put lips under the board to keep it form sliding sideways, just back and forth.
                              You aren't stealing it from me. I took it from David Morris. If there's anyone to steal a deer hunting idea from, he'd be way up on top of my list.

Comment

Working...
                              X