Cooper WMA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper WMA?

Anyone have any luck? I hunted Saturday evening and saw a doe and few hogs, then Sunday I saw about 12 hogs....no deer.

Maybe I was in the hog section of the WMA... anyone know where the deer section is LOL

I think the full moon hurt everybody this weekend.

Comment

Hog Hunting

I am looking for good spots to Archery Hunt Feral Hogs at Cooper. I have never been there before. Do you have any good ideas or places I could look at. I am not looking for deer only hogs. Also if you use a gun to protect yourself from a hog attach can you get in trouble during archery only season? Thanks for the advice. Kind of new to the area?

Comment

Hog attack? Learn to climb a tree! LOL. You're asking for a world of trouble if you carry a gun into the woods during archery season. The area is heavily patroled by the game warden and a pot-bellied,snaggle-toothed Park Ranger and they'll probably assume you're trying to poach deer.I'd stick to the creek bottom areas if I was looking for hogs out there.

Comment

Hog attack? You better not be caught out there with a firearm. Unless you want to get your gun confiscated and a huge fine from the local law enforcement that is.

Comment

There's a shotgun season for hogs at Cooper in the Spring. It's archery-only the rest of the year for hogs and deer.

Cooper is an amazing place if you know where to go. I love me some Cooper!

Comment

That game warden will eat you up if he catches you with a gun. They are tight out there, you can expect to be checked.

Comment

If you have a concealed carry license I believe you can carry it on any WMA, but climbing a tree is probably safer!

Comment

I am going hunting at cooper sunday all day I am gonna hunt the river bottoms I heard that is where the big bucks and hogs are. Anyone know if there are pretty good trees to use a climber treestand or what should I use?

Comment

Nice avator, mighty mite playin' football now huh?

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                      Nice avator, mighty mite playin' football now huh?
                      yep, second year for him and he is loving it. At a whopping young age of 6 he knows his slots, directional blocking, can throw a good 10 yard pass and can wrap up on a runner for a tackle. Our team is 7-2 right now, next weekend is our last game then the playoffs startup. He's wanting to try Basket ball this year after football but I think I need a break from all this go go go. We pratice three day's a week then games on Saturdays.

Hows hunting been going for you?

Comment

Went hunting in cooper wma off of highway 29 and cr1531 didnt have any luck didnt seen nothing but a big hog skull with some huge k9 teeth but that was it. We also went and scouted Pat Mayse WMA just north of cooper outside of paris and seen a big 8 point buck with 4 does and a lil spike, the hunting is closed for Pat Mayse till november 20th but I think that is where I am going next.

Comment

Originally posted by max8950 View Post
                          I am looking for good spots to Archery Hunt Feral Hogs at Cooper. I have never been there before. Do you have any good ideas or places I could look at. I am not looking for deer only hogs. Also if you use a gun to protect yourself from a hog attach can you get in trouble during archery only season? Thanks for the advice. Kind of new to the area?

Dont worry about them hogs too much.

Comment

deer killed @ Cooper WMA

so far there have been 14 deer killed at Cooper this season. 7 bucks, a couple 9 pts the largest.

Comment

so far there have been 14 deer killed at Cooper this season. 7 bucks, a couple 9 pts the largest.
                              From what I've seen I bet its been more than that, do they have a check station or something, didn't know that was mandatory or anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X