Laguna Atascosa 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa 2007

Thought Id get the thread going again since we lost the other in the crash.

Yea, I was hoping the thread was guna come back. It sounds like we have plans to hunt unit six, but on the edge. Supposedly there is not as much traffic on the edge?? I can't wait to get out there and scout!!!

Comment

start with the info, all the info that was in the post before the crash was real good. Please post it back up!

Comment

Sneaky Phill Whats the name of that spray or powder that repells chiggers and ticks that was oderless?

Comment

Permanon

The spray for the ticks, mosquitoes and chiggers is Permitherin.
          You can find it at Wal-mart as Permanon in the sporting goods section, it sells for +/- $5.00.

P.S.
          It is also known as Duranon.

Comment

You can also get it at Acamdemy. Will get the brand that I use when I get a chance. You spray it on you clothing and let it dry before you put it on. Works like a charm.

Comment

Scouting starts next weekend! The name of the spray that I put on my clothing is Sawyer odorless permethrin. I get it at Academy.

Comment

I will be there on Saturday and Sunday for scouting and claiming my spot. What about everyone else??

Comment

I won't be there to scout but I can't wait to hunt. Good luck claiming a spot, someone will usually end up moving in on you opening morning. I have hunted the same areas for years. One year no one is anywhere close and the next year I get in early and set up, excited to have another shot at the big one that elluded me the year before. Just as first light arives hear comes someone strugling with a huge tripod and sets up within 100 yards of me (usually up wind) even though he clearly sees me sitting in my stand. I guess this person found this great spot while scouting because noone had been in the area and I was all alone the year before. I just try and stay flexible and move on when people get too close. It is definitely a good idea to have a backup plan. It generally takes me a couple of days to go through my "spots" and find the area no one else is hunting that year. Those spots that are not being hunted are where the deer take refuge after a couple days into the hunt.

Comment

Sounds good. Supposedly we are going to an area where people usually don't go. Hopefully we will find a good spot and see some animals. Who knows, if all goes well maybe we will even see some deer while scouting.

Comment

Stx,

Sounds like you'll be hunting the same area I hunt!

Comment

Hope to go down during scouting week myself, anybody from San Antonio going TO LANWR this year.

Comment

I am from San Marcos

Comment

ONTHE TAKE, San Marcos, I used to live there on Loop St. Many moons ago. Hows the river still low?

Comment

River is as good as it has ever been. Last year the city spent several million dollars rebuilding the Rio Vista Park dam and landscaping the area around the dam. It looks real nice but we still have the same locals and problems as before which keeps the tourist away.

Comment

Working...
                              X