BowSafari info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BowSafari info needed

Does anyone have info such as hunting results or a review of this place???? My son wants to hunt Hogs there in March. I have seen their web site and it doesn't look bad.

Thanks,

GrandpaBuck

I went to see how the ranch was in the early summer for the purpose of booking a buffalo hunt. Calvin is a great host and the ranch is awesome. The lodge is 5 star. I saw several hogs when i was riden around the ranch. Calvin was in the process of building a small 300 acre pen to hunt hogs in. He has alot of animals and I saw the largest blackbuck i have ever seen(25+)
    I didn't book a buffalo hunt but i would give the ranch a try. It looks great.

Comment

sounds good, I appreciate the reply....

Comment

I have been there twice this past year and we are booked for next March.
        The hog hunting area is 640 acres now from what I understand. Lots of hogs
        everytime I have been there and a really nice lodge/cabin. The last time we were there, was during the changeover from one big area to the 640 for the hogs and he was allowing spot and stalk. I think he was splitting the 640 into 2 320 acre areas for different groups. Either way, Both areas seem bigger. Highly recommend.

Comment

I have been going there for 5yrs now and booked again for Feb 08. I HIGHLY recomend this place to you and your son. You will have numerous shot opportunites and see lots of hogs. This year they changed things around and they are in the process of finishing things up. You can spot and stalk hogs now and there are feeders out so that you can set up near trails and take them that way as well. It is only $125/day with NO TROPHY FEES! and you take a hog a day. That means if you go for 3 day hunt...it only costs you $375 and you get to take 3 hogs of ANY SIZE. That is the best deal out there. They have hogs of all sizes, I personally have taken a 225# out of there 3yrs ago and every year we take hogs over 150#. Most hogs run around the 80-100lb range but there are big ones out there. They are not "EASY" to hunt. They have great noses and are pressured animals, so if they smell you, they are out of there. Caresut is correct, they have 640 acres that is split into 2 sections, If you book a hunt with 10 guys or more in your party, you get both sections. One section is still part of the "GUNSAFARI" side over off WHITETAIL RIDGE that they will be adding more fence to! I used to hunt that section evertime I was at Bowsafari so I know that area very well. Very very thick with lots of hogs! I have maps of the area if you are interested.
          The Cabins are second to none. VERY CLEAN and COMFORTABLE. A++ They have a furnished kitchen, pots pans, grill, fridge microwave.. All you have to do is bring some food, hunt and relax. Each bunkhouse has its own bathroom with a shower and lots of hot water. Bring your own bedding/towels.
          Calvin and Deanna are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. They will take great care of you there.
          I have a buddy going down there real soon (later this month). I will let you know how he does.
          If you have any more questions about BOWSAFARI just ask or shoot me an email. They have just updated their website and it looks great. Give them a call and tell them Jeff from Nebraska sent you!
          Shoot Str8 and Stay safe.
          Jeff Jamison

Comment

Sounds like the kind of place I am looking for. You guys got any contact info.
            It would be much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks Jeff & Caresut...very good info. My sons and I have bow haunted Hogs ever since they were old enough to pull back a bow....We hunted just west of Hondo, Tx for 9 years and it was a great place. The owner, Mr. Coffey, finally sold his ranch so we have looking and experimenting eve since. Now I have grandsons and it is time for both of them to join the fun and enjoy the gifts God has given us. We have booked the end of March for 10 of us and I can't wait....In the meantime I will be bow-hunting with my son and grandson in Northern Okla this Thurs-Sun.....Thanks again and feel free to e-mail anytime @ unclebuckejl@yahoo.com.

Comment

DH2000..the website is bowsafari.com and all of the info is there.

Comment

PLEASE Be sure to tell them Jeff From Nebraska put in a good word for them I'd appreciate it. Calvin and Deanna are terrific people! They will take Great care of you guys! Tell them I said hello!
                  Shoot Str8 and Stay safe.
                  Jeff

If you need any more info, maps, and such, let me know. I dont have great maps of the new area yet but they will give you an idea of the thickness and the terrain.

Shoot me an email.

Comment

Caresut....When was the last time you were there. We will be there END of Feb. 08. I have talked with Calvin and it sounds like everything is overgrown this year with weeds. He has been very busy cleaning up the place. Cant wait to see how the changes work out. Did you get to spot and stalk the Old Gunsafari side? He made the changes just after we left this year. I have talked with guys that have been down there since and say they really like the new changes...others that have not been there yet are alittle scared of the changes. They liked the corn route and heard that the stalking is harder they expected. I personally cant wait to get back down there. It is so much fun and so relaxing. GREAT PLACE TO HUNT!
                    Shoot me an email some time and we can exchange stories. Sounds like we will be there just before you this year.

Talk to you soon.

Shoot Str8 and Stay Safe
                    Jeff

Comment

Jeff, I can't find your email. Shoot me an email when you get a chance
                      at caresut@aol.com.

Carey

Comment

Working...
                      X