Offshore fish marinades??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore fish marinades??

Anyone have any good recipes for some marinades for grilling fish? I have used the usual "italian dressing" and the taste is getting old! My guide says some of the fish marinade nice in 7up/Sprite. I am going offshore at the end of the month and am looking for some new ideas. Should be catching mostly snapper,AJ, tuna or ling!!

Marinade
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
    1 teaspoon minced shallot

1 fish fillet (skin-on), about 1-1/2 pounds, cut into equal 4 portions
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    4 lemon wedges

To make the marinade: In a small bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients. Season the fillets with the salt and pepper and place skin side down in a baking dish. Pour the marinade over the fillets, coating both sides, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Grill fillets with skin side up first over Direct High heat until barley opaque in the center, 7 to10 minutes, turning once. Serve warm with the lemon wedges.

Comment

no. 2.
      1/4 cup olive oil
      2 tsp. basil
      3 tbsp. white vinegar
      2 tsp. oregano
      1 tsp. garlic minced
      2 tsp. equal parts salt, pepper & thyme.

Combine the above ingredients and marinate your fish steaks in them for an hour. Grill to your liking.

Comment

W-dog,
        Think the first recipe would work as well on skinless fillets? Most of the fish we catch are cut into big size portions(obviously bigger fish..aj,tuna,ling,etc)! Although some of the smaller snapper we catch we do leave skin on. Thanks for the input! Ever heard of anything "concoction" (sp?)premixed you can just pour on them??

Comment

yes it will work .skinless just cut down on cooking time.just play around with the marinade till you fine one you like. then call me and tell what time to be at your house to eat... good luck on fishing trip. send us some pics

Comment

lemon- black pepper- butter- maybe some Tonys - no need to marinate just put it in a foil boat with above and grill-

Comment

good stuff....thanks for info guys!!

Comment

Working...
              X