X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do deer hit mineral blocks?

In NE KS they do:
    Attached Files

How long did you have it out before they started to show on TC?

Comment

I always assumed that they would go to mineral blocks only when lacking something from the mother nature. But it looks pretty green there. Not sure they are hurting for anything.

Comment

I've seen them dig a hole 2' wide by 1' deep trying to get all the minerals. The best time to go check if it's working and you don't have a game cam...is after a rain. Just move the block. They'll be there trying to dig up the minerals that washed off the block from the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
          How long did you have it out before they started to show on TC?
          I "juiced" them with a bit of Molasses to get thier attention and it was less than a week,

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
            I "juiced" them with a bit of Molasses to get thier attention and it was less than a week,
            Perfect. I'll be juicing then in Mo also.

Comment

good idea

Comment

I got a plain white salt block and a red apple one from academy and they have been out for months with minimal action by the looks....i put both of them over a trail cam now just to see what they do with it

Comment

I think it varies from place to place and how much mineral is available to them. i placed next to a major trail and juiced with molasses to get thier attention and they have been HAMMERING them.

I like the trace mineral because the salt keeps them coming and they get nutrients they need.

Comment

I have had luck with troph rock. Have seen them hitting it while in my bow stand.

Comment

Cattle love them!

Comment

Might have to try that this year.

Comment

I have had 1 in each of my feeder pins now for over a year now and the only thing hitting them is rain...No luck with them in Val verde

Comment

trophy rock worked awesome for me. I will be buying some next time I go down. I made the homemade mix and used several blocks and nothing worked. Molasses was also used. Trophy rock was the only thing I had luck with. I will put a camera up over them this year

Comment

Go feed stores and get the Trace Mineral Block. The best brand is Morton. Like in morton salt it is hardest and will hold up to weather conditions better than other brands. I have tried most of them on my cattle and have seen which ones melt down from the rain......The hogs will roll them around and use them also........Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X