anyone use the Lamco or Diamond regulated protein feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone use the Lamco or Diamond regulated protein feeders

looking for experiences/feedback on these feeders. have u experienced much waste from rain with the troughs on the outside of the feeders? if so does the moisture resistant feed help or does it dissolve like the untreated?

I have a feedermax with the round trough that is underneath the feeder and it will get wet in a heavy or blowing rain but stands up pretty good to light rains. Am considering adding another regulated feeder, as the 800# free choice feeder I have goes empty in 2 weeks and I don't get there to fill but once a month.

I've used the Lamco trough feeders. As long as the deer are hitting the feeder hard then you won't have a problem. Otherwise, I had issues with the feeder getting clogged by the feed. I ended up selling the feeders for a few All Seasons. If you want a "timed" protein feeder I would recommend a All Seasons timed trough feeder.

Comment

My dad has the 1000lb Lamco trough feeder going on 15 years now at our Sonora lease. I can’t remember him ever having any problems with protein building up in the trough. On another note he's had no issues what so ever and wish I had one!!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I bought a 1500 lb lamco back in January and the feeder has worked great! I just wish I hadn’t changed protein right before the rain hit out west back in March and April, which was a big mess and a big mistake! Lessoned learned!

I suggest you add the rain sensor and put it on the most sensitive setting! The 1500 is big and very heavy, if you go that route make sure you like where you put it!!!!! Because it will take an army to move it if it is in one piece.. Also it says 1500 but probably could handle 1800 lbs.

I will purchase another one next January but I will keep it 800 lbs or less.

I have a buddy that purchased a outback that has tubes and is timed, but I don’t have quite the budget he does!!

Good luck!
          Attached Files

Comment

dang that looks like a piece of military equipment!!!

Comment

Nice pictures... tons of Does thats great

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid View Post
                dang that looks like a piece of military equipment!!!

It’s built like one too. I did paint it green to cut down on the glare.

Comment

If you get the Lamco, you need to change the wire routing. They run it between the blue box and the plate which will wear through the wire sooner or later. we've had 3 of our 4 did it in the past 6 months.

The rain sensors do work but it doesn't matter if the deer aren't touching the protein.

Comment

these times feeders always interested me, but then again I like free choice feeders in the off season.

Comment

Personally I would go with a Big Horn Medals, we have had them for 5 years and they are as good as new as have worked great. Not timed though. We also have the low profiles you can fill from the ground

Comment

Working...
                      X