bad birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad birds

someone was telling me the other day about a bird that flys into another birds nest,kicks the eggs out and then lays their own eggs to be hatched by the original bird... does anyne know what this bird might be... or was i being joked with.....

sounds like a joke but I have no idea

Comment

cowbird

These birds feed on insects, including the large numbers that may be stirred up by cattle. In order for the birds to remain mobile and stay with the herd, they have adapted by laying their eggs in other birds' nests. The cowbird will watch for when its host lays eggs, and when the nest is left unattended, the female will come in and lay its own eggs. The female cowbird may continue to observe the nest after laying her eggs. If the cowbird egg is removed, the female cowbird may destroy the host's eggs[1].

The Brown-headed Cowbird has over 220 hosts[2]. The other cowbird species have fewer known hosts, but all the species are generalists when it comes to choosing a host. This means that the eggs may look different from the hosts' eggs. The cowbird chicks grow quickly, and may consume most of the food the host brings. Starvation will often kill the host's chicks. In some species the cowbird chick will use its large size to push the other chicks out of the nest.

Comment

no its a real thing, i dont remember the bird but i saw a show about them on discovery one night

Comment

Illegal Immigrant Bird?

Comment

true fact. forgot the name of, the place, and all that goes with it. but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Illegal Immigrant Bird?
              ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!

Comment

Illegal Immigrant Bird?
                Post of the Year

Comment

I think the Do Do does this gangster crap.....

Comment

Illegal Immigrant Bird?
                    Beat me to it Shane

Comment

Illegal Immigrant Bird?
                      Classic TBH humor. That would be the IIB for a new acronym on here.

Comment

thanks a bunch for the info sparkplug.. does anyone know if they can be harvested, killed, or removed from the bird population?

Comment

got a gun?

Comment

grackles are said to do just that...i've heard you can shoot them
                            Attached Files

Comment

i don't know the correct name but chi chi bird's do that to my purple martin's. 28 gauge solves the prob.

Comment

Working...
                              X