Frame for paper tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame for paper tuning

I want to build a frame to hold freezer paper for paper tuning. Does anyone have plans, picks etc. of a frame they have built? Thanks, Woody

I've seen this design used.

White 1 inch PVC tubing, 2 90 elbows and 4 T fittings and drill/screw holes to put in clips to hold paper. Glue the top and legs together seperately and use a press-fit of the legs into the base so it comes apart for storage or transport.

Materials cost should be less than $10 at Home Depot.

Comment

Bill, thanks so much !!! This is an awesome idea. I was thinking of using metal {angle iron}, but PVC is cheaper and is available close to my home {Home depot & Lowes}. Thanks so much for sharing !!! Woody

Comment

Pic of Paper Tuning frame

I stopped by home depot after work and picked up the following items to build this tuning frame.
        2 each 10-foot joints of 3/4" schedule 40 PVC
        2 ea. 3/4" 90 degree elbows
        4 each 3/4" "T" connectors
        1 can cheap PVC glue.
        Total cost was $8.60 including tax, not bad !!! I now have a pretty good tear pattern working and tomorrow i will fine tune my bow. i hope to have my field tips and braodheads impact in the same spot {the bullseye}. Thanks Bill for the idea and drawing!!! Woody

Comment

I love it when a plan comes together!

If you're not familiar with it, download the Easton tuning guide from their web site, the BEST detailed guide includng paper tuning as only 1 part of getting your bow 'just right'.

Comment

Tuning

I love this tuning guide from Eastons. I paper tuned last night and this morning. Then i went to the local park to fine tune. I was able to hit bullseyes at 20 yards with my Bear razorhead braodheads. I was very good at 30 and 40 yards. I then shot my Cabelas Lazer mag broadheads and my 125 grain field tips. All 3 of these set ups were within 3 inches of the bullseye. This is the best job i have ever done in tuning a bow. Awesome, thanks for the plans for the frame. Woody

Comment

Woody,

What are you using to hold the paper tight at the top? I can see the clips at the bottom but nothing at the top.

Comment

Good job... will have to pass this along to others.

Comment

Great idea..

Comment

For sale sign.

Comment

I built a frame like that, then went to hobby lobby and got a roll of craft paper and a 48 " 1/4" dowel rod, cut the dowel to fit in between the uprights, and got 4 zip tie's used 2 tie's on top one on each side of the craft paper that is on the top piece of pvc, this holds it tight, then 2 on the bottom with a dowel with the paper sandwiched between the pvc and dowel. this setup works real well for me

Comment

I will be making one of these in the near future......gets it up and out of the way.....

Comment

my tuning/bow rack

[ATTACH]56299[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]56300[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]56301[/ATTACH]

Comment

When you're at the deer lease and think you knocked your bow out of tune, a cardboard box, duck tape and a page out of Golf Digest works quite well too.

Comment

Working...
                            X