Trad shooter's in the Houston area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad shooter's in the Houston area?

I see from some of the post on here that we have a lot of Trad shooter's around the Houston area. Just wonder how many?
    Also, anybody interested in going to Amistad (Del Rio) for a bow hunt only hunt, myself and two of my buddies will be out there Nov 24-26 and wouldn't mind the extra company. So sound off if you are a Trad shooter from the Houston area. Or want to make the hunt at Amistad. Link for amistad, hope it works

Grew up in Deer Park, now live in Stafford.

Good Luck at Amistad.

Comment

Live in Crosby. I'll be out there hunting in Del Rio from the 17th-28th of Nov. Maybe we can meet at Chili's or something.

Comment

There are a good number of Trad shooters in the greater Houston area. I can think of 11 or 12 off hand.

Thanks for the invite to hunt with you guys, it sounds like fun. I have an expensive lease down by Refugio. I am trying to get my daughters chances to take our deer off the lease. If they do that, and there is still room I just may come. If we haven't gotten anything off the lease, I should spend my time there. It is always nice to be asked.

I hunted it for doves a few years back and saw a couple of nice bucks. It did impress me as a challenging hunt with a lot of open country.

Comment

I guess I'm one of the 11 or 12 Chunky spoke about. We should schedule a time and place to all get together and have a little trad. shoot.

Comment

I'm also a Houston area trad shooter

Comment

Broken Arrow, we can do that. I'll be out of town until Nov 13 so shoot me an email with phone # and we can set a time and date for chili's.
              Mojo68, trad shoot sound like fun.

Comment

I'm looking to try traditional and am in the Houston area also. I'm just waitin on Chunky to come up with a good deal on a Left hand bow.

Comment

Injun,

I wish I could help you with your "affliction" , but unfortuately not even Buff can make you right handed.......however, all is not lost, Mojo68 just got a purty new left handed recurve.

It seems to me that there are always a few in the classified sections of the trad web sites. If you do get one, you are always welcome to come out and shoot with me.

Comment

I'm a Houston recurve shooter.

I haven't spent much time on the site or hunting this fall.
                    It is bad when life gets in the way of fun!

Comment

Lefty,
                      I'm a trad shooter and live in Deer Park. I think we shot DART together a few years back at Rebel. Thanks for the invite. My weekends are pretty much booked until the end of the season so I'm out.

Comment

do any of you traditional shooters in Houston area belong to/shoot at Saltgrass Archery at Jack Brooks park (off I-45 south near the dogtrack)? I am new to the sport and would enjoy watching someone who knows more than I do (that would include just about anyone) shoot traditional. Send me an email if anything like that develops from this post. thanks!

Comment

Jeff,

I have shot down at Saltgrass a number of times. Real nice folks down there. I am not a member as it is a long way from home. If you are ever on the far north side, you are welcome to shoot at my house.

Mark

Comment

We shot at Salt Grass alot back in the day! We love to shoot there! Maybe you can meet Lefty and I there sometime. We would enjoy being out there again! Let us know when you would like to get together!

Comment

Live in Deer Park and shoot a Pronghorn longbow.
                              Not getting much shooting done since spring between surgery in Oct. and work, including August in Qatar and another two weeks HERE that end this Thursday. Will be dang good to be back in Texas.
                              Used to be a member at Saltgrass in 90's. Had some organizational problems, that I understand have been worked out. I no longer work in the area so don't get down there much.
                              Spent 2000-2003 in CO and it is a hotbed of archery clubs & shoots with lots of trad shooters. Met Connie Renfro and her husband, Bro-N-Law, bunch of others that shoot trad at a charity shoot. Connie is one of the field people who write for Trad Bowhunter. Great people, I was alone and they invited me to shoot with their group. Good time was had by all!

Comment

Working...
                              X