Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can I get a cam changed on my DXT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can I get a cam changed on my DXT?

kinda reluctant to go to Smithfield since I demo'd their bows but didn't buy one from them.

who all can change a cam? is it fairly "idiot proof" so the boys at bass pro or cabelas could do it or do I need a Mathews dealer?

Go to Mathews dealer. Smithfield is best place you can go. This is also Arlington bow world I think it it he is a Mathews dealer. Last place I would go is Cabelas or Bass Pro.

Comment

go to smithfield. they are good people and won't hold it against ya.

Comment

is this a drop it off and leave it for a few days deal or an on the spot quick change?

Comment

Make the drive over the Canton. On Target Archery, best decision you will ever make. All three of their techs are MORE than qualified.

Comment

A new cam will run around $100 but there are 2 on ebay you could get for half that.

Comment

have the cam. bought it from a TBH brother in our classifieds.

how long does a cam change over take?

Comment

Why wouldn't you go there if they are your best choice????

Who gives a flip if you didn't buy a bow from them? If they didn't have what you wanted they should be professional enough to work on another bow and do the job right..

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
                  Why wouldn't you go there if they are your best choice????

Who gives a flip if you didn't buy a bow from them? If they didn't have what you wanted they should be professional enough to work on another bow and do the job right..
                  maybe it's just me but I feel kinda goofy going in there with a bow I bought elsewhere. the truth is they did have what I wanted ... just not at the price I could get a used bow for.

I couldn't afford a fully rigged, brand new DXT, period. so I bought used. hope they don't mind and are fine with working on it anyway!

Comment

they will be fine with it. they are the closest, best shop i your area, and if they dont like working on bows they didnt sell, they would not have been in business as long as they have been.

Comment

They will be fine with it. I'm certain of it. Rhonda and Stan are good people!!

Comment

When I switched the cam on my switchback I elected to take it to Sportman's warehouse before the local Mathews dealer... The Mathews dealer here in Tucson is real unreliable (and an hour away) plus all the archery guys in town bounce around from the PSE factory so they all pretty much know their stuff. I brought my bow in, the cam, and in 5 mins the guy brought it back out and had me shoot it to check it over to make sure I did not have to move my site loop. I tried to pay the guy but he did it for free. I good merchant won't care where you got your bow as long as you are in his shop. I spend hours at the PSE plant using their range and all the guys there could careless, they are motivated by your interest in the sport and are always ready to help when you need them.
                        Last edited by txcat44; 03-29-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark44 View Post
                          maybe it's just me but I feel kinda goofy going in there with a bow I bought elsewhere. the truth is they did have what I wanted ... just not at the price I could get a used bow for.

I couldn't afford a fully rigged, brand new DXT, period. so I bought used. hope they don't mind and are fine with working on it anyway!
                          I did the exact same thing a couple of month back. Tried out the Z7 and DXTat Smithfield. Liked the smoother draw cycle on the DXT. Shopped around and found a used DXT I liked. Took it in to Smithfield and had Stan check it out. Bought a new rest and had him set it up. Shoots great. Stan and Rhonda provide great service.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                            I did the exact same thing a couple of month back. Tried out the Z7 and DXTat Smithfield. Liked the smoother draw cycle on the DXT. Shopped around and found a used DXT I liked. Took it in to Smithfield and had Stan check it out. Bought a new rest and had him set it up. Shoots great. Stan and Rhonda provide great service.
                            I second that.
                            When I first got into bow hunting I had a Bowtec Pro 38. I took it into Stan and he helped set it up and get it tuned. You would have thought I had just bought a brand new Mathews or Hoyt from them.
                            They are great people up at that shop.

Comment

okay, Smithfields it is. I agree: Stan and Rhonda seem like great great people. I'll head their way as soon as the cam I bought arrives in the snail mail.

Comment

Working...
                              X