new to bow hunting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to bow hunting help

hi everyone. i need some help ione of my kids wants to buy a bow for my brithday. i have never used a bow. i hunt the easyway with 7mm08.
    so can some one help an old man out on what bow to get . will spend around $500-$650 0n bow.

thanks henry

I have a friend who is selling a Mathews Switchback and a Switchback XT.

I think both are 27-28" draw

Heard him mention $350-$400

If you're interested, let me know. I doubt he has sold them yet.

Comment

thanks for the offer . iwill have to wait till i find out more on bows. i know noyhing about these. i do know that i need a 30" draw. i went to academy yesterday.

Comment

go to your local pro shop they will get you started

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyn View Post
          go to your local pro shop they will get you started
          X2

Comment

thanks , i'll do that.
            henry

Comment

Go to a couple bow shops and shoot several bows and brands. Let the Bow pick you not the other way around. When you find the bow that best fits you, you will know. Then go from there. As this is all new to you, you have the advantage of not being swayed by brands. Find what fits you best then ask the brand and cost.

Comment

Get to a pro shop in town first! Tell them what you told us. Ask them to measure your draw length and then what pound you feel comfortable with. There is a huge difference from gun hunting and bow. Getting close and the amount of practice time are the biggest. You are gonna have to figure out how to get close enough for your liking. Google archery shops in Houston and start that way. If you have any questions feel free to pm me and I will help in any way. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X