New Strings on the Ol' Hoyt Razortec!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Strings on the Ol' Hoyt Razortec!

I asked Arrowsmith to order me some new strings, and a few days later I had some fancy, green and brown Stone Mountain strings and cables in the mailbox. Mike suggested I take them to the local shop, Shoot 'em Up, and have them installed. After spending a couple of hours with Steve at his little shop behind his house (it's small, but he had quite an impressive inventory and setup), I had the new strings, a loop and new peep installed, my MZE rest adjusted and shooting bullets through the paper tuner! I opted for somewhat subtle custom colors on my Razortec, but it looks good and shoots great. Next is a PM to Nateyj for a matching wrist strap!

Michael
    My Flickr Photos

Gotta love new strings...I bet it looks good.

I just installed a new set of VaporTrail on my Hoyt Vectrix last week...Flo Green/Forest Green.

Comment

Excellent! Always fun to get new toys on the bow

Comment

What? No pic?

Comment

Shoot Em UP Archery (Paris, Tx.)

Thanks for your kind words on this archery sight about our archery shop. I try to keep 60-70 bows in stock. Mathews, Hoyt and Mission as well as all the items to set your bow up with..
          Sometimes a small shop will have more selection than the larger shop due to excessive (rent and utilities) .. This is a fact out my shop.. Anyone in the NE Texas area looking for a great deal on bows feel free to contact me.
          Certified Mathews Tech and Hoyt tech in shop..
          Call me if I can help you out.
          Ask for Steve
          903 737-8595

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I asked Arrowsmith to order me some new strings, and a few days later I had some fancy, green and brown Stone Mountain strings and cables in the mailbox. Mike suggested I take them to the local shop, Shoot 'em Up, and have them installed. After spending a couple of hours with Steve at his little shop behind his house (it's small, but he had quite an impressive inventory and setup), I had the new strings, a loop and new peep installed, my MZE rest adjusted and shooting bullets through the paper tuner! I opted for somewhat subtle custom colors on my Razortec, but it looks good and shoots great. Next is a PM to Nateyj for a matching wrist strap!

Michael

Comment

Hey Steve, good to see you around. I've been shooting daily, and aside from splintering a shaft when I decided I'd shoot at the same spot, I'm liking the new strings and loop!

Michael
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Jnyukk661
              spammer much??

Comment

Congrats on the new strings and well tuned bow

Comment

Maybe you should have him order you a new Maxxis!!!

Comment

Gotta love new strings. I got a new set of zebra strings on my legacy and love them

Comment

As the founder of this wonderful place, I am very dissappointed that you posted something like this WITHOUT any pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                        something like this WITHOUT any pictures!
                        x2
                        Need to borrow a camera?

Comment

I asked on your previous thread but I think it got burried. How do you think Stone Mountain strings stack up to the other makers out there? What made you go with that string? I'm in the market.

Comment

You gotta get some pics up for us. I was thinking about that same color combo for my bow and would love to see how it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                              I asked on your previous thread but I think it got burried. How do you think Stone Mountain strings stack up to the other makers out there? What made you go with that string? I'm in the market.
                              Stone Mountain is all I'll use. I've got one set that are 5yrs old and still good as new.

Comment

Working...
                              X