Montgomery County Update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montgomery County Update...

Pretty simple for me...I'm not seeing jack around my place. The acorns are pretty darn thick back in the woods so I'm sure that's probably what's going on. Are any of y'all Montgomery County hunters seeing anything?

same way in Mason so your not alone Johnny

Comment

Johnny, I smoked one sunday morn, check out the hunting report. I have been seeing deer everyday, saw one this morning on my way to the fire station at about 5:00 am, when my headlights hit him he was making a scrape, watched him for a few seconds, he didn't even care i was there. saw one fri eve. that was chasing a doe. Then the rains came and i havent been out yet, will let you know what i see this week.

Comment

why don't you go set up a hang on stand about 20-30 yards downwind of a oak tree or group of oaks. ? JMO

Comment

Yea im havin the same problem!! Acorns are thick

Comment

firefyter, whereabouts are you hunting? I haven't seen any kind of activity that you are seeing. I'm glad to here it though. Ok, off to hunting reports.

Comment

Been seeing some pre-rut activity (pretty good buck chasing a doe around last weekend) & had a small buck make a scrape within 10 yards of me. I saw 3 small bucks & a couple of does Sunday. I'm going in the morning & will report back what I see.

Comment

It should be a good morning to go RBH, I mean P.J.? hehe Good luck!

Comment

Hehehe! I was a good morning but no arrows were launched. I saw 5 bucks & 2 does between 7:10 & 8:00. The first 2 deer I saw were bucks, a nice young 8 & a forky. They started sparing & tickling horns. It was too dark to get it on video. I could have launched one on a really high & tight 9 point but let him go because I had seen a better one that didn't come in my shooting lane. I got both of them on video. I'll try to capture a still & post them.
                  I'd high recommend being on the stand in the morning. Unfortunately I've got a football game to coach. But there's the evening hunt

Comment

seen some pre rut activity last weekend here south of magnolia. have hog's and deer hitting the feeders regularly.
                    Attached Files

Comment

P.J., It looks like this could be a good year for you here in the piney woods. Post up that still picture when you get a chance. I haven't even gone out around but only one time. lol I'm packing up right now to go to Madison County for a long afternoon sit. Good luck!

Comment

I haven't hunted my little place in Mont Co for a few weeks, but will be headin there in the AM.

I did hunt yesterday in Walker Co and the deer did come into corn and were moving all day. A budy of mine shot a cull buck and I watched a button buck last night

Comment

How'd it go this morning Stins?

Comment

Re: Stins

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                            I haven't hunted my little place in Mont Co for a few weeks, but will be headin there in the AM.
                            STINS it's almost time!

Comment

Well I finally had a little bit of action at first light behind my house this morning. I had two does come into my corn and then they looked back into the woods and trotted off. A minute later a 4 pt. comes in with his nose to the ground. He took a few nibbles of corn and then continued on his way. That was good to see.

Hey DaveC, have you been out hunting yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X