Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

mmmmm, I'm tellin momma!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmmmm, I'm tellin momma!!

Well, that's what my son said Thursday when I told him that me and Uncle Keno were going to play "hookey" from work and going hunting !! But we had to right, I mean with the weather like it was you'd be crazy not to be in the woods !! Well, it paid off bigtime!! Thursday was a very eventful day in the woods, my brother was late getting to the lease and was all thumbs as he made all kinds of noise trying to hurry and get into the stand (slamming doors and dropping the tailgate)!! So as he's walking into our big foodplot (pic to follow of field, not deer lol), the "big 12" wasn't 75 yds from him out eating in the field!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	field1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	24716693

Name:	field2.jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	24716694

Name:	field3.jpg
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	24716695
    Keno is stuck, he can't go anywhere because the deer are between him and where he's goin, so he backtracks into the woods and gets into a ditch that works along the edge of the field and gets around and in front of the buck, well Keno thinks the 12 has a doe with him but it raises it's head and it's a good 8 pt., but those of you that have seen the pic of the 12 know this deer is huge, it completely dwarfed the 8 pt. Well, Keno makes his way alittle farther ahead of the deer thinking he might be able to cut them off going into one of the fingers of the field. Several minutes passed when the 12 is now within 30 - 40 yds of my brother, and I tell you these guys don't get this big by being stupid!! It was raining, the wind was perfect, there's absolutely no way this deer could have known my brother was there other than a "6th sence"!! He said the 12 looked up and looked right at him and trotted off, and the 8 pt never knew what was goin on and dept right on feeding and moving closer and closer, all Keno could do was watch!! Needless to say the "big 12" is still walking!! So Keno finally gets into a nearby stand and has a 200 lb boar come in and, "thwack", nails him (sorry, no pics it was raining too hard)!! Not 5 minutes later another 200 lber comes in but sees Keno drawing on him and runs off!! Well, that put an end to Thursday!! Friday rolls around and it's my turn!! I had several doe come through and let one big doe go early in the morning (just after daylight), hindsite 20/20 I should have took her but didn't want to ruin the morning hunt!! Well, I couldn't stand it anymore and had another good size doe come in and let the spitfire sing again and it hit it's mark as she didn't even make it 40 yds and piled up!!

Name:	my doe.jpg
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	24716691
    That filled my second doe tag so it's straight antler time for me now!! Yesterday comes and I tell Keno he needs to fill his second tag but he's got "12 on the brain", which I can't blame him, but we get back into the stands for another try!! No 12 this time but Keno lays the smackdown and let's his spitfire do it's trick on another good size doe!!

Name:	Keno's doe.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	24716692
    We end up not seeing the 12 but we do see several other good 2 to 3 1/2 year old bucks that are gonna be goodens in a couple of years!! Sorry for the length, but it was just too wet to get the camera for video!! Hope ya'll enjoy!!

Drew

Congrats on the does. Hope we get to see an LDP of the big 12!!

Trailboss

Comment

Sonds like a good time Congrats!

Comment

THats gotta stink for Keno, but good for you right???? Cause you still hae a chance at ol big boy!

Comment

lol, no doubt!!

Comment

woot, gotta love it!!!!

Comment

Congrats to all great read and pics thanks !!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Looks like a nice place to hunt. Congrats on the meat.

Keep after the big boy, we still have a couple months of season left.

Good luck.

Comment

Congrats on the does!

Comment

Congratulations on the does!

Comment

Congrats to you and your brother.

Comment

I'll bet momma didn't mind.

Congrats on the does, nicely done.

Comment

Congrats!