Scent cover recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scent cover recipe?

Who's got it? Looking for the vanilla one, and the other one that was on here recently with baking soda I believe.

What are you hunting out of, tree, blind, ???? I can make any tree scent.

Comment

One part vannila extract, mixed with one part water.

Comment

I'm thinking the vannila would be something they are not famillar with just like aftershave. I have never smelt vannila in the wild, it may depend on where you hunt. I would go with the oak spray or pine, depending on what is in your hunting area.

Comment

Read somewhere awhile back someone made apple juice spray on themself to hunt around apple trees.

Comment

What About A Crap Load Of Cedars

Comment

Scroll down about 22 topics in this same forum and you'll find a post by 'Buckfever' where he discusses this same topic. (He uses a ratio of 2:1)

Comment

I used to take cedar branches home and make cover scent. Just rake the green part ino a blender with a little water and puree that heck out of it. Strain it through a coffee filter and put in a spray bottle. Always worked good for me.

Comment

cool thanks man

Comment

Anybody have a guess at what's the magic potion in the Scent Killer odor eliminator products? The work incredibly well, my boy is in their latest catalog with a picture of his first deer and a giant smile.

I walk in the area and find the bush/shrub with the smelliest leaves and rub them over my clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                      Anybody have a guess at what's the magic potion in the Scent Killer odor eliminator products? The work incredibly well, my boy is in their latest catalog with a picture of his first deer and a giant smile.

That's pretty kewl!

Comment

Always use what is in the area that you hunt in. Don't use cedar when you hunt in mesquite, etc.

Comment

Boil cedar needles(leaves) in some water and use that, it works great as a cover scent.

Comment

Working...
                          X