Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off clip on

Anyone used it yet? What's the verdict?

I haven't used it but there was a thread on it awhile back. Some were saying something bad about it having close to your person. Don't know if that's true or not...

Comment

Is it like the Thermacell or something different?

Comment

no butane like a themacell, battery powered.

here's the write up from their website

Enjoy the protection of OFF!® Clip-On™ repellent when:

Relaxing in your backyard
        Lounging at the beach
        Gardening
        Camping
        Attending sporting events
        Enjoying the park

Effective Protection
        Within minutes, OFF!® Clip-On™ repellent provides personal protection from mosquitoes. If you move, allow a few minutes for the unit to rebuild its protection. Protects against mosquitoes that may carry West Nile Virus

No Skin Application
        Unlike ordinary personal repellents, OFF!® Clip-On™ repellent provides mosquito protection without putting anything on your skin.

Fan Powered
        The quiet, battery-powered fan circulates repellent all around you. Batteries are included.

Odorless
        OFF!® Clip-On™ repellent uses an active ingredient with no scent.

Refillable
        Each refill provides up to 12 hours of head-to-toe protection. One refill is included with the unit. OFF!® Clip-On™ repellent refills are sold separately and contain 2 repellent disks (for a total of 24 hours of mosquito protection).

Easy to Use - Clip it on or set it next to you
        When clipped to your clothing or just laid on a flat surface nearby, this compact device provides head-to-toe protection.

It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.

Batteries are included.

To prepare unit:
        1. For Initial Use Only: Turn over unit and remove red tab from battery door to activate the two 1.5 volt AA alkaline batteries.
        2. Remove one mosquito repellent refill from its packaging and REMOVE the peel-off foil seal to start the green use-up indicator.
        3. Open front cover and insert refill into unit with orange side down; then snap the front cover latch closed.

To operate unit:
        1. Slide the ON/OFF switch all the way to “+” until the fan turns on.
        2. Clip the unit to your belt, pants/shorts waistband, purse or any other convenient location next to you.
        3. When finished using the unit, slide the ON/OFF switch to “O.”

Useful tips:

You can also place the unit next to you on a table, bench or other suitable hard surface (away from food and sources of heat, ignition or moisture). When placing unit on a surface, lay the unit on its clip to allow open circulation of repellent.
        Within minutes, the unit provides head-to-toe protection for up to 12 hours. If you move, allow a few minutes for the unit to rebuild its protection.
        To prolong the refill’s life between uses, close the unit by sliding the switch to the “O” position. Store the unit in a cool, dry place-never in a hot car, glove compartment or trunk.
        Replace the refill when the green use-up indicator is gone (repeat steps 2 and 3).
        For best results, replace refill 14 days after opening or after 12 hours total use. Only OFF!® Clip-On™ refills should be used in the unit.
        When you no longer feel air blowing from bottom of the unit, replace with two 1.5 volt AA alkaline batteries.
        Caution-Hazards to humans and domestic animals:

Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin.
        Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing.
        Avoid breathing vapor.
        Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum or using tobacco.
        Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
        Store away from food, beverages and pet food.
        Do not use indoors or in enclosed spaces.
        Do not touch device with metal instruments or wet hands.
        Do not allow materials of any kind to cover the unit while it is in use.
        Replace refill only when unit is off.
        Do not pry open or probe into unit with any instrument or tool.
        Use only with two 1.5 volt AA alkaline batteries.
        Do not cover the unit when in use or place it near sources of heat or ignition. Do not store near heat or open flame. Do not mutilate batteries or put them into fire. Batteries may burst or release toxic materials.
        Do not apply to water.

Storage & Disposal:

Store away from heat or flame in an area inaccessible to children.
        Before disposing, fully use up the refill according to the label. Do not reuse the refill.
        If empty: place in trash or offer the refill for recycling if available.
        If refill remains partially unused: call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-529-3394 for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.

First aid:

Call a poison-control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
        If swallowed: have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison-control center or doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
        If on skin: take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
        If inhaled: move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance; then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth to mouth if possible. Have product container or label with you when calling a poison-control center or doctor or going for treatment.

For additional information in case of emergency, call toll free 1-800-558-5252.

Comment

I have one and it seems to work ok. 8 bucks for the unit and I think it was amdother 3 for 3 refills.

Comment

Might have to try one out.
            If it works as good as a thermacell and runs off of batt. i'm all for it.

Comment

I have one and it works well on the patio, however it has a battery powered fan that I can hear all too clearly. Too loud to take up in a tree stand. My wife thought I was nuts for saying its too loud but I won't take that chance in the woods when I know my Thermacell works without spooking game.

Comment

Bought 1 recently but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Comment

I have clipped it to my quiver at 3d shoots and it seems to work well. However, for the woods I will continue to use the thermacell.

Comment

Working...
                  X