Taxidermy problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxidermy problems

Well 2 hunting seasons ago my son shot a 14 pointer. It was a beautiful deer. I took to a taxidermist in town I had a lease. He also has a meat processing business. He has beautiful work hanging. I gave my sons deer and PAID IN FULL. He said it could take up to 9 to 12 months. Ok I am good with that. After a year of getting blown off I went and found him when I was on a exotic drawn hunt. I found him after my hunt was over and he gave me a sob story saying he was moving business and blah, blah, blah. I am a sucker. He then said he would give me a good deal on my Gemsbok and I took it hook line and sinker. A year later and nothing. I have receipts, text, everything. His cell doesn't work or has been changed and I leave message after message with no response. I am not mad, i just my stuff. What do I do? He could be going through a divorce or sick or lost a family member. If he sold my stuff would it break a game law of any kind? If he would just communicate. I would understand. Anyone with experience with this? Any taxidermist with advice?

So he had your sons deer for over a year with no timeframe for having it done after paying in full so then you sent him a gemsbok?

Comment

Heard of stories like this before. That's why I never take the antlers until they are fixing to start on my deer.

Comment

Where is he located?

Comment

Had the same thing happen with Scott Pinkerton of Hoof And Horns in Munday, Tx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Menard, tx. I know, I know. I will give anyone the a chance and he seemed sincere.

Comment

They all seem sincere when they have ALL your money and your critters. An *** whoopin' needs to follow along with getting your money and critters back. Lowlife's like this so called taxidermist gives good, honest taxidermists a bad name!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                Heard of stories like this before. That's why I never take the antlers until they are fixing to start on my deer.
                Me to! Never ever hand over the antlers till the very end

Comment

When I gave him my gemsbok at least I gave no money. I told I would not pay till horn were in mold. He pulled a casper and disappeared.

Comment

Why does this seem to be so prevalent among the taxidermy industry?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Use Chance Love instead? ... Sorry, I'm no help. Sucks but thats how a lot of taxidermists are.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                        Use Chance Love instead? ... Sorry, I'm no help. Sucks but thats how a lot of taxidermists are.
                        X2

Comment

gives a bad name for the industry ! I agree with MUDSLINGER an arss wippin cures a lot of bad behavior !! people are not that hard to find these days , vigilanty justice allways has my vote !!!!!

Comment

A buddy of mine lives in menard. Chances are he will know where the guy is. Pm me his name if you want me to check.

Comment

Pretty common story with taxidermists. Not sure why but seems a lot are bad communicators. Maybe an artistic thing? I just went through something similar but I only paid for half. 2 years later and I was able to get my horns and cape back. I'm only using full time reputable taxidermists from now on.

Comment

Working...
                              X