First buck -- not a bigun -- but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First buck -- not a bigun -- but

I have been hunting for about 3 seasons ... Last year I set a goal to down my first deer ( with a bow -- no less ) ... I was fortunate enough to accomplish my goal by taking a doe in Nov ... this year I wanted to take 2 deer ... makes no difference if they are buck or doe ...

I went out about 3:30 Saturday ... nothing happening except a bunch of squirrels until about 6:15 pm ... saw a doe come in and started to feed a little on hand thrown corn ... she moved around for a few minutes ... I went to full draw waiting for her to settle down ... she threw her head up and looked over her shoulder at full alert ... I let down hoping that buck was scaring her away ... sure enough ... small 6pt poked his head out and she took off .... he followed basically routine that the doe did ... but he was a bit more skiddish ... he looked at me ... I was frozen ... he was facing me head on ... I waited ... waited ... waited ... he finally settled down ... started to feed ... I went to full draw ... he threw his head up ... just when I released the arrow he went back to feeding ... needless to say I hit higher than I wanted to ... but he kicked and took off ...

This is where it gets crazy ... I am NOT very good at following a blood trail ... the time was around 7:45 pm ... I had a meeting at church at 9 pm ... so I waited for 2 buddies to get to me ... we searched until a little before 9 pm ... 2 of us left but Q2XLman stayed ... I was done with my prayer meeting at around 11 pm ... when I got out to my truck I found a broken arrow with a note that read ... " Take with you ... you have some cleaning to do !!! "

Q2 is a good buddy .. he had found the deer and dragged him out of the woods for me ... thanks David

You see the time in the pics ... it was late ...

Like I have already stated this is my first buck ever ( 2nd deer ever ) ... not a bigun ... but at least I have the first out of the way !!!!

DWC

Good job on the buck, did you post some pics as I can't see them. Congratulations!!

Comment

Congratulations!

Would love to see the pic.

Comment

Congratulations on your first buck...you're hooked for life!

Comment

Nice job. It's pays to have a good buddy, Way to help out Q2!!!

Comment

Congrats on your first

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

CONGRATS! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

congrats on your 1st buck. Lets see some pics.

Comment

Congrats on the first of many

Comment

Pics

Pics

DWC
                          Last edited by DWC; 02-02-2015, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on a fine first!

Todd

Comment

Working...
                              X