Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-17-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
kingranch
Ten Point

Default 40 x60 x16 Metal Building quote

20,400 delivered for 40x60x16 Shop

11$ sqft for engineered slab, erecting building and flatwork...so 26,400

46,800 turn key

Thoughts?

generalsteel.com
Attached Images

kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2015, 01:53 PM   #2
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

seems pretty good
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
Big Todd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria

Not bad I had right at $12,000 in mine for a 30x40 with a 15X40 front porch but I did everything bu the slab myself and I had 2 5/8 pipe I built main frame out of only bough C perlin and metal and had slab poured. I did all the work myself because I'm a cheap arse
Big Todd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2015, 02:12 PM   #4
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens

To compare with. Might check Muller as well.

http://jimfg.com/buildINDEX.html
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #5
kingranch
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
To compare with. Might check Muller as well.

http://jimfg.com/buildINDEX.html

is this a 40x60? or
Old 02-17-2015, 02:18 PM   #6
Sparkles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County

My dad just did the same size this summer it was right there
He then added a 20' over hang, an extra roll up and extra man door
Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #7
BrianL
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingranch View Post
is this a 40x60? or
look at bottom of the page and you will see tabs for different size buildings. It won't post direct link to the 40x60
Old 02-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #8
meangreen
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montague

Slab seems pretty high. Where are you located?
meangreen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #9
meangreen
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montague

Sorry, just saw that also included erecting building
meangreen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #10
kingranch
Ten Point

Quote:
look at bottom of the page and you will see tabs for different size buildings. It won't post direct link to the 40x60
wow it says 10k for a 40x60x16.... thats half what I was quoted...

That site doesnt have any pics of buildings though.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:31 PM   #11
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches Co. & NW Oklahoma

I got an estimate a couple months ago on a 40x60, with 2 man doors, a roll up door and a couple windows and the price, including normal amount of dirt work and the concrete slab, was about $18/sq ft finished. The builder is local who's been in business 20 years and has built multiple large barns for my dad over the years. He said 30x40 and smaller, usually run around $20-$21/sq ft finished and once you get to around 40x50 the price is down to around $18-$19. Over hangs for parking tractors, equipment etc were extra but really cheap per sq ft. I can't remember the cost, but it was cheap space since there were no side walls.

Hope that helps.
Outdoor Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #12
BrianL
Pope & Young

Quote:
wow it says 10k for a 40x60x16.... thats half what I was quoted...

That site doesnt have any pics of buildings though.
True, but it is truss VS I-beam so not exactly apples to apples. Also need to adjust for door upgrade, probably trim upgrade as well.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:10 PM   #13
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Atoka County OK

I'll be in the market for a 40x60x14' or 16' as soon as I can get my house sold. BUY MY FRIGGIN' HOUSE!
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #14
Aggiebush
Ten Point

Hunt In: Red River County and Draw Hunts

The Mueller 40x60 Standard series will have cold formed end walls and I beam clear span frames, we do not manufacture trusses. It also has a 14'x14' opening in each end wall for an overhead door.
Aggiebush is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #15
kingranch
Ten Point

Quote:
True, but it is truss VS I-beam so not exactly apples to apples. Also need to adjust for door upgrade, probably trim upgrade as well.
yea I emailed them for a comparison and they got me this

Mike,

Here are the MAJOR differences:

On the main page it specifies that they sell Steel Building Components (pieces like roofing and siding). Not the same as an all steel building.

Not made with solid IBeam steel: they use hollow tube steel w/ wood (Do you want a wood building?)

This is not a durable structure, itís a tent. The most important pieces to having an all steel, solid building are not included in this building.
All steel Ibeams are very important for having a solid, durable building. This is why there is not a warranty on their structure.

Not Wind Rated
No Warranty on structure

Their prices expired 8/29/14

You definitely do not want this building. Buying this building is a waste of good money.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:15 AM   #16
BrianL
Pope & Young

Quote:
yea I emailed them for a comparison and they got me this

Mike,

Here are the MAJOR differences:

On the main page it specifies that they sell Steel Building Components (pieces like roofing and siding). Not the same as an all steel building.

Not made with solid IBeam steel: they use hollow tube steel w/ wood (Do you want a wood building?)

This is not a durable structure, itís a tent. The most important pieces to having an all steel, solid building are not included in this building.
All steel Ibeams are very important for having a solid, durable building. This is why there is not a warranty on their structure.

Not Wind Rated
No Warranty on structure

Their prices expired 8/29/14

You definitely do not want this building. Buying this building is a waste of good money.
J&I is a good company and my guess is prices haven't gone up since 8/14.

I built IBeam as well, but MANY if not most are built with square tubing, trusses, and purling. Not sure where the "wood" they refer to comes in. I do recommend treated wood around windows to reduce sweating. The buildings are basic and all metal. There are many upgrades available, including I beams, but they put these out for starting price. And they are the only company I know of that does it.

Not sure what the price difference between trusses and beams would be, but don't think it is that much. Man thing for me was the open area that beams allowed. Dad built with trusses, and his seems every bit as strong as mine.

I just realized I never posted this yesterday before my meeting...
Old 02-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #17
TMC50
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Whereever I can

Seems like a great outer building for a house
TMC50 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #18
C'mereDeer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jasper & Calvert TX

Do not use US Metal Buildings! I was in the process of buying one from them yesterday. I was putting 25% down. I gave them all the information they needed. They said they would send me the papers to e-sign and then the payment would go through. Well they sent me the papers in the middle of my sons baseball game and kept calling my phone(which my wife was answering because I was coaching) and being pushy and a-holes, complaining that they couldn't leave work until the papers were signed. So i called them back when the game was over and after I reviewed the papers. I left a message to just cancel the order because they had the wind rating wrong on the paperwork, but mainly because I didnt like they way they talked to my wife. I can do business with someone else locally that would treat me alot better. So the manager calls back and I tell him what happen, and he responds with,"I was on the first phone call when you talked to the Ken, and I knew from the sound of your voice that you were a 29 year old LOOSER!" That is a direct quote. Then he continue to tell me that my wife and I can F off! I lost it and said somethings back, but eventually hung up. If you look up reviews on them they are a terrible company, and I wish I would have done my research before I even gave them a chance. So fair warning...stay away from US Metal Buildings, they also operate under other company names so do your research, unlike me!
C'mereDeer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2015, 01:07 PM   #19
Krivoman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Ranch Owner, Lampasas County

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=520008

20k with slab erected in 4 days
Krivoman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #20
Plan B
Six Point

Hunt In: Houston/Trinity Counties

Seems like a good deal!
Plan B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #21
az2tx
Pope & Young

Are you in an area where it your building needs a permit and engineering of slab and for wind load? If so you won't be able to use some building that are available.

I did a 40x60x12 a year and a half ago with 2ea 12x12 roll up doors, 2 walk thru doors and 6 windows on an engineered slab with a 120 MPH wind load for low 40's
Price isn't bad and you get what you pay for
az2tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2015, 02:16 PM   #22
TxTechsan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'mereDeer View Post
Do not use US Metal Buildings! I was in the process of buying one from them yesterday. I was putting 25% down. I gave them all the information they needed. They said they would send me the papers to e-sign and then the payment would go through. Well they sent me the papers in the middle of my sons baseball game and kept calling my phone(which my wife was answering because I was coaching) and being pushy and a-holes, complaining that they couldn't leave work until the papers were signed. So i called them back when the game was over and after I reviewed the papers. I left a message to just cancel the order because they had the wind rating wrong on the paperwork, but mainly because I didnt like they way they talked to my wife. I can do business with someone else locally that would treat me alot better. So the manager calls back and I tell him what happen, and he responds with,"I was on the first phone call when you talked to the Ken, and I knew from the sound of your voice that you were a 29 year old LOOSER!" That is a direct quote. Then he continue to tell me that my wife and I can F off! I lost it and said somethings back, but eventually hung up. If you look up reviews on them they are a terrible company, and I wish I would have done my research before I even gave them a chance. So fair warning...stay away from US Metal Buildings, they also operate under other company names so do your research, unlike me!
Wow. I may have to get a quote from these guys. They sound like they need to get a few calls from interested buyers.
TxTechsan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2015, 09:50 PM   #23
8mpg
Ten Point

seems a little expensive but depends on the area. A local guy to me (DFW) paid for a 40x60x12:
"Just under 40k...plus some extra concrete for the drive. 2 - 12x12 panel doors, 1 - 3x7 entry door & 1 3x3 window...with foam insulation"
8mpg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top