Shot Placement for Aoudad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot Placement for Aoudad

Searched on the forum but couldn't find any results on this. Going on my Aoudad hunt next week at the Flying A! What do the vitals look like on an Aoudad ram and where should I try and stick him? Thanks all!

Should get you close
    Attached Files

Comment

I can vouch for them being tough critters. Shoot, repeat.

Comment

The one I shot hit mid shoulder. Hit lung and arterys. Aim low, and with a bow, quartering away. Great diagram above

Comment

Look for African animals as their vitals are more forward.

Comment

Never shot one with a bow but have had success with a rifle with a low shoulder shot

Comment

If they're built like most African animals go straight up the leg, one third of the way up the body and he won't get far. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
                The one I shot hit mid shoulder. Hit lung and arterys. Aim low, and with a bow, quartering away. Great diagram above
                yep like the diagram
                but not to low

Originally posted by huntr6 View Post
                If they're built like most African animals go straight up the leg, one third of the way up the body and he won't get far. Good luck to you.
                Mine was hard quartering and I kept the arrow just under 1/3 back some and sucker punched the heart. Took off up the side and went 25/30 yds maybe.

Good luck

Aoudad is fun

Comment

Right through the shoulders. You want to pin them bad boys togeather.

Comment

What about broadhead choice guys? I've got slicktrick mags, razor tricks, hellrazor, DRTs, all flying great out of my setup, but..... HOW DO I CHOOSE??

Comment

Haha, bring em all ! If I get to make a hunt for em this year, I'll be using Ramcats

Comment

Slick tricks mags will treat em right.

Comment

4-6" straight above the leg, see diagram above. If you are used to shooting deer, shoot way forward, vitals are way forward.

Good luck.

Comment

Qtr away tight in the armpit w a slick trick mag and watched em fall!!

Comment

Following as this is on the short list for this coming spring!

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                              Mine was hard quartering and I kept the arrow just under 1/3 back some and sucker punched the heart. Took off up the side and went 25/30 yds maybe.
                              Did I miss that hunt Mike?? Where did you go?

Comment

Working...
                              X