33inch or 35inch tire? '14 Ram 1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

33inch or 35inch tire? '14 Ram 1500

Hey fellas I have decided on the truck I'm going to buy. A 2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 with 8 speed tranny.

Does anyone know how the fuel mileage is with 33 or 35 inch mud tires on this style truck?

I'm either going with a 2 inch leveling kit or a 4 inch lift kit with relative size tires. I'm open to the idea of regearing to help with fuel mileage but need to know if its ok with 35's or just stick to a 2 inch lift with 33's.

I would love to own another Toyota but cant stand the idea of fuel mileage even on the 4.6L and that's before going to over sized tires.

I'm already decided on brand so please lets not start this into a "what brand is better" battle please I have already made up my mind. Just need advise on what size tires to go with on this truck so I can decide on lift kit.

Thanks
    God Bless!

If you are open to regearing then do the 35's. The little bit of lift and 33's are still gonna hit you for 5mpg. You get most of that back with gears, even with 35's.

Comment

I was thinking 4 inch with 35's, Regearing and possibly a chip. I have heard some guys with a lift, regearing and programmer getting close to factory mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter4christ75 View Post
        I was thinking 4 inch with 35's, Regearing and possibly a chip. I have heard some guys with a lift, regearing and programmer getting close to factory mpg.
        There goes your factory warranty.

Can't help on tire size. I do like the new Dodge trucks.

Comment

Check with the dealership and see if they will do this. It would then be covered by warranty. I've been looking at jeeps and the local dealer will do whatever I want and it'll be warrantied as well.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

I will run 33's on my 2500 4x4.

Comment

It depends on the tire, went with the 35 toyo(much heavier than factory crap)under a 7 inch lift and im running about 18 mpg if I can keep it under 70. 2wd though

Comment

I have just a 2" leveling kit on my 2011 Ram 4wd and run 35s. They don't rub but gas mileage suffered considerably going from my 33s.

I drive a truck so I don't worry about gas mileage.
                  Attached Files

Comment

this ishould pretty much what I'm wanting to do to it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398552285451.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	24301421

Comment

is*

Comment

this ishould pretty much what I'm wanting to do to it.

[ATTACH]616768[/ATTACH]
                        What are the specs on this one?

Comment

all I know off of this one is a 4 inch lift with 35's

Comment

Fender flares to the list$$ I bet when your done it will be a sharp ride!! What color did you decide on?

Comment

gun metal metallic

Comment

Working...
                              X