No announcement yet.

Pop Up Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did bascilly same thing last year. the wind did me wrong. i probably broke every rod and replaced. i will rebuild this year using same design as urs. i hope it wasnt patented.

Comment

Originally posted by dsb6446 View Post
      did bascilly same thing last year. the wind did me wrong. i probably broke every rod and replaced. i will rebuild this year using same design as urs. i hope it wasnt patented.
      No patents!!

so far I really like the way it turned out. We are headed to the lease this weekend to get it set up. Only then will I really know how I am going to like it. It is going to be set back into some trees, so I hope that I can still tie off the sides to help with the winds...

Comment

Good Job

Comment

Me and my dad built a box blind several years ago. It had the trap door in the floor just like yours. 4x6 stand and it was hard for us to get in and out of. Always had to put the chairs away before you could. Might work out better for yall though.

Comment

Nice!!!!

Comment

Knowing how big and little hunters tend to scoot their chairs around inside the popup while on the ground, I would consider adding some 1x2 edging around the perimeter. That way, they can tell when they are at the edge of the platform and hopefully won't fall off. Just a thought.
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
                Knowing how big and little hunters tend to scoot their chairs around inside the popup while on the ground, I would consider adding some 1x2 edging around the perimeter. That way, they can tell when they are at the edge of the platform and hopefully won't fall off. Just a thought.
                Chris
                once the blind is anchored down there will be 6 inches of platform outside the blind all the way around...

Comment

Good call. It just looked a little close to the edge in the pictures. By the way very nice work on the project especially the trap door.

Comment

My platforms new home!!! Will get more pics later on when I add carpet and mount the blind....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Put lots of carpet on the floor!
                      I built one like that and any little bump or scratch on the floor is magnified like being in a drum! The deer do NOT like it, and will scram in a hurry. This is what ours looked like right after we set it up. We painted and brushed in the tower later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	09-27-08 027 (Medium).jpg
Views:	4
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	23935327

Comment

Just curious how hard are they to keep warm during the winter?
                        Last edited by LTA; 06-14-2010, 07:53 PM.

Comment

good job

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                            Put lots of carpet on the floor!
                            I built one like that and any little bump or scratch on the floor is magnified like being in a drum!
                            Do you think it would help to put some type of insulation under the floor to help with the noise? Or would two layers of carpet take care of it?

Comment

love them elevators! Don't forget the cross braces!
                              Sportsmans guide and Bass pro sell them also.
                              Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 06-16-2010, 12:57 PM.

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                                X