Is Integrity a thing of the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Integrity a thing of the past?

Today was one of those days. I had a key employee I had hand picked to be my right hand man at our company just walk out with no notice and only a text saying he had a another job that paid better. I can’t express how disappointed I was he left like that. Well tomorrow is a new day! Time for a Crown and Coke !

Based on one person’s action? No!

Comment

Did he know of your plans ? And if he was going to be your "right hand man" were you paying him more than the others ?

Not knowing the situation, but I've worked for a couple companies where I was obviously turning out more and better work but was getting paid the same. It didn't take me long to go down the road. My feeling was, and is, praise is fine, but you can't put it in the bank.

Comment

In for the rest of the story. God is great. Beer is good and people are ��

Comment

Would you have given him advanced notice if you were going to fire him?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Based on one person’s action? No!
            It’s a trend I’m seeing more and more of. I had the displeasure of helping close out a company that was in business for over 60yrs. The theft we had to deal with after the news of the company closing from long time employees was heart breaking. It actually made me nauseous to witness grown men with families act like that.

Comment

I don’t think integrity is gone.... but if your gonna pay me more for the same gig.. we’ll bye! Could have been more cordial than just a text. I still believe in having a pair, look someone in the face and say it. One guy I worked with just stopped showing up and has yet to come get his box of items at his desk. I know he’s ok per Facebook but at least have enough respect to show up state your reason and leave with respect. Going on 3 weeks that box is just sitting.. it contains job essentials, so I know he needs it if he stayed in the industry. In other words, being a little ***** grinds my gears.. sorry you lost a good employee but he is replaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Would you have given him advanced notice if you were going to fire him?
                Laid off absolutely! Fired is another thing all together.

Comment

Not sure if his actions pertain to integrity...

I was just having a conversation about people not being/feeling loyalty towards companies... Seems like it's all about me, me and I...

Comment

With employers these days you never know if they're going to run you off after you give your two weeks. I've always given my two weeks until the last company I worked for burned me. Went to give the boss my two weeks and they took me to the gate that day. I won't ever do it again.

Comment

Nothing anyone does surprises me anymore. I expect a whole lot out of my close friends and immediate family. I expect everyone else will eventually **** the bed and let me down so I don't even have expectations. It's sad, but it's a learned behavior. I've learned that most people suck. However, I'm often surprised by great people doing great things and it makes me feel pretty good that they're still out there.

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
                        I don’t think integrity is gone.... but if your gonna pay me more for the same gig.. we’ll bye! Could have been more cordial than just a text. I still believe in having a pair, look someone in the face and say it. One guy I worked with just stopped showing up and has yet to come get his box of items at his desk. I know he’s ok per Facebook but at least have enough respect to show up state your reason and leave with respect. Going on 3 weeks that box is just sitting.. it contains job essentials, so I know he needs it if he stayed in the industry. In other words, being a little ***** grinds my gears.. sorry you lost a good employee but he is replaceable.
                        Yep everyone is replaceable. The minute you think you're not is about the time you're going to be replaced. We aren’t going to fill his position. Im just going to take over his desk.

Comment

Integrity.........is what we do when NO ONE is watching!!! It is amazing to watch how few individuals actually understand and realize simple things separate us from beasts that is all we have as human beings when their is nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            Nothing anyone does surprises me anymore. I expect a whole lot out of my close friends and immediate family. I expect everyone else will eventually **** the bed and let me down so I don't even have expectations. It's sad, but it's a learned behavior. I've learned that most people suck. However, I'm often surprised by great people doing great things and it makes me feel pretty good that they're still out there.
                            Yes sir I feel the same. We have a young man that really works hard and has been extreamly dependable. I’m going to start training him ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                              Yes sir I feel the same. We have a young man that really works hard and has been extreamly dependable. I’m going to start training him ASAP.
                              What industry?
                              I have never had a position that I walked away from, but I have had very few jobs in my life. I own a service company with 34 employees and this happens on occasion but it is usually not enough to make us look twice. The train continues down the track and we actually tend to get more efficient........i.e, cost of labor reduces as production increases!

Comment

Working...
                              X