Hwy 285 deadly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hwy 285 deadly

Here is a little news story on the highway. Of course not much in the way of news on upgrades.
    One of the problems IMO is every add for jobs including commercial driving jobs advertises as many hours as you want. I have even seen adds for 90+ hours per week. Lots of worn out drivers out there running around.
    Be careful out there those that have to run 285 and 128.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how truck drivers are getting away with driving more than allowed. They don't play when it comes to driving hours and sleeper times.

Comment

The most horrible drive in the state. Pecos to Carlsbad is a death trap

Sucks that my drive for work includes an hr or more up 285

Things I see people do getting in a hurry on that highway will scare you

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        Not sure how truck drivers are getting away with driving more than allowed. They don't play when it comes to driving hours and sleeper times.
        Paper log books.

Comment

I was just driving on this road going from Ft. Stockton to Artesia, NM and it was the craziest drive ever made. This thing had pot holes as big as my truck and huge chucks missing from the sides of the road all the way up it. I drove no more than 45 mph the entire way between Pecos and Orla. The line of traffic in front and behind me was about 3 miles long.

The other very disturbing thing was the amount of trash on the sides of the road. Every piece of trash you can imagine was everywhere! I felt like I was driving in a third world country. If anyone can avoid the stretch I would say do so at all cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post
            I was just driving on this road going from Ft. Stockton to Artesia, NM and it was the craziest drive ever made. This thing had pot holes as big as my truck and huge chucks missing from the sides of the road all the way up it. I drove no more than 45 mph the entire way between Pecos and Orla. The line of traffic in front and behind me was about 3 miles long.

The other very disturbing thing was the amount of trash on the sides of the road. Every piece of trash you can imagine was everywhere! I felt like I was driving in a third world country. If anyone can avoid the stretch I would say do so at all cost.
            Yep and lots of guys driving like absolute idiots mixed with that

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Yep and lots of guys driving like absolute idiots mixed with that
              Oh no doubt about it. I saw zero law enforcement either. Which as the article reads it’s putting officers at serious risk

Comment

Oh no doubt about it. I saw zero law enforcement either. Which as the article reads it’s putting officers at serious risk
                I’ve only seen them at accidents or heading to them. I wouldn’t put them out there either it’s asking for them to be killed being pulled over on that highway.

Comment

I am heading out next week. I was going to stay in Roswell or Carlsbad. Ill do Roswell and avoid that 285. It is a scary road.

Comment

Ok, I gotta ask, why do people travel that road if it is so bad off?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      Quickest way to a lot of areas I frequent. UT, CO and MT.

Comment

Some of the most productive areas of the Permian lay on both sides of that road.

Comment

Made this trip back in Decemberof ‘16 heading to NM for a hunting trip. The warnings did not do justice to the actual drive!

Comment

Lots of oil activity. My rig is 1 mile off 285

If someone isn’t in oilfield and traveling it they just don’t know any better. It’s a very dangerous drive

Comment

It's gotta be for a good customer before I'll go out there anymore, the roads and drivers between here and there are bad enough. People just don't seem to care that there not the only ones out there, way to many "get out of my way I have things to do" people all over the highways and byways these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X