Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green light and E TX deer

I'm hog hunting tonight.

Trying to get my scope crosshairs and Scope mounted flash light aligned at 175 yds.
    Using the green bulb.

The skunks back.
    I was watching it contemplating shooting it, tired of being skunked [emoji16].

I pan up to the tree the pigs are on camera under. I see reflective eyes. My heart beats a tick faster. I realize it's the 2 deer that visit regularly. They look my direction and take off.

I'm in my ground blind. Maybe they pigs will come in next....
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 09-30-2017, 11:09 PM.

Man!
    I got excited there for s second! Started this process the phone down and sat quietly for ? and I swear I heard a grunt from behind, up wind, me.
    Waited and was hoping to try out the green light on some pigs.
    Trying to settle, in my mind, the green light vs red light question.

I'd love to get a thermal, several factors involved. First is money and secondly is I'm all of 3 weeks into pig hunting.
    So far it's been fun.

Makes me wonder if deer are more skittish than pigs....

Comment

I will only use red for hunting at night and it doesn't matter what I'm hunting. I've tried pretty much every color many times and Red always comes out on top. One thing I know for a fact, it doesn't matter what color the light is, if you light up enough animals you are going to spook some as it is just part of night hunting with lights. This includes Infrared lights. One thing that will increase your odds of the animals not spooking at feeders is to always wait about 5 minutes after the animal starts eating before you turn the light on.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
        I will only use red for hunting at night and it doesn't matter what I'm hunting. I've tried pretty much every color many times and Red always comes out on top. One thing I know for a fact, it doesn't matter what color the light is, if you light up enough animals you are going to spook some as it is just part of night hunting with lights. This includes Infrared lights. One thing that will increase your odds of the animals not spooking at feeders is to always wait about 5 minutes after the animal starts eating before you turn the light on.

Solid advice. You need to experiment on your animals as some like red and some like green. I too have had better success with the red lights. Remember to light up the sky and bring the light down on the animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhorn View Post
          Solid advice. You need to experiment on your animals as some like red and some like green. I too have had better success with the red lights. Remember to light up the sky and bring the light down on the animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post

Thank You!

Today the Landowner gave me permission to setup a feeder. So I'm going to put out the one I got last year. It's got a Swine Shine on it. It's green.....

Up until now I'd just sit in my blind and look for dark shapes in the meadow.
          Every now and than I'd flick the light on and slowly scan the fence line, where I've got them on camera. I was trying to solve the how to tell when there under the tree dilemma. Now I don't know that I need too

Comment

My green light spooks deer and hogs
            Red, not so much

BP

Comment

Red all the way. Follow some live hunts on here and you will see a lot of pigs die using a red light. Both bow and rifle. Can’t recall the last time I’ve seen someone kill a pig with a green light.

Skinny

Comment

It s foggy and overcast last night. I was using the red bulb.
                I had a hard time seeing with it....

Comment

I’ve never used any color but green and I’ve never had an issue. I can sit there and flash it on and off at anything from deer and hogs to coons and nothing ever flinches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My experience: green is easier to see (for both humans and hogs).

Comment

A boar on my hit list walked up on me at 15' or so. Surprised me.

Didn't get a chance to try the red light out on him or the VMax at close range..

Here's the story of you're interested.
                      Last edited by Pushbutton2; 10-04-2017, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X