Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH Owned Pool Cleaning Company in Katy/Richmond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Owned Pool Cleaning Company in Katy/Richmond?

Looking for a pool cleaning company in our area, always like to check TBH first, my pool was inundated with river water and need it drained and cleaned. I know this can be done myself, but I am unavailable to do it.

Can anyone recommend a local company that can do this?

Thanks,

JES

I heard a pool guy say yesterday, not to drain your pool yet because the ground was so saturated with water, that you stand a strong chance of your pool popping out of the ground. I know that probably does not answer your question, but thought I would pass it on.

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
      I heard a pool guy say yesterday, not to drain your pool yet because the ground was so saturated with water, that you stand a strong chance of your pool popping out of the ground. I know that probably does not answer your question, but thought I would pass it on.
      Yes, it's a big risk with the water table being saturated. My FIL wants to come do it, he's a great guy, but he's the last person that should be trying this, that's why I want a pro to come and take care of it.

Comment

John, Shooter on here owns a pool company and is located in Sugar Land. If I remember correctly his name is Doug. Might send him a PM.

Comment

I was in Leslie's near HD on hwy 59 yesterday and there was a pool guy dropping off a stack of business cards.

He said the same thing, don't fully drain it. Drain a portion, refill and run it. Keep this up along with most likely daily cleaning of filters.

I believe there's also a chemical that you can put in the pool which bonds with the dirt thereby carrying it to the filter. Again, lot's of filter cleaning but it will work and may cut back on the number of times you need to drain.

Then it will be a matter of getting the chemicals balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            Looking for a pool cleaning company in our area, always like to check TBH first, my pool was inundated with river water and need it drained and cleaned. I know this can be done myself, but I am unavailable to do it.

Can anyone recommend a local company that can do this?

Thanks,

JES
            Don't know if you can trust your FIL with it, but here's your steps:

1. Get chlorine up to shock level with liquid chlorine (HEB brand bleach is the cheapest)
            2. Turn the pumps off. Let the silt settle to the bottom. May take a few days.
            3. Vacuum to discharge, emptying up to half the pool.
            4. Refill with clean water, adding liquid chlorine if needed where the fill line is going in, that should disperse the chlorine.
            5. Repeat the vacuum/fill cycle as necessary
            6. Turn pump back on and get all chemicals in line.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              John, Shooter on here owns a pool company and is located in Sugar Land. If I remember correctly his name is Doug. Might send him a PM.
              Thanks, I'll shoot him a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post

1. Get chlorine up to shock level with liquid chlorine (HEB brand bleach is the cheapest)
                4. Refill with clean water, adding liquid chlorine if needed where the fill line is going in, that should disperse the chlorine.
                Sounds simple enough. I already had her pour a couple gallons of bleach in it Sunday. From pics she sent me this morning it appeared to be settling some.

Comment

Not a pool expert, but I have revived mine from some prettty nasty water from winter. I agree with shock it heavy. It will kill anything in there.Vac on discharge. Top it back off and shock it agian. Then take water sample to pool company to get water in balance, to use your own test kit.

Comment

Keep in mind shock level varies on your CYA level. My pool numbers were crazy after the rain.

I have a 25k gallon pool. A gallon of the 8.25% bleach will raise my chlorine level approximately 3ppm. I added enough to reach 19ppm, and that was considered mustard algae shock level for my pool numbers. You will also most likely need to add more bleach everyday.

Do not pour bleach in your pool and let it just sit, cause it can damage the surface. Bleach is denser than water , and will sink and sit on the bottom. It is recommend to pour it into the skimmer, and let it circulate into the system.

Look up the SLAM method for starting a pool. It will help you out.

Comment

If you don't find a Tbh'r call Fito (832)370-8908 tell him Tony gave you his number . He's been my pool guy for 4 years. I live in sugar land first colony area .

Comment

Well, first quote back, might have to let my FIL do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post

Well, since you are working from home for the next 4 months, you free to come knock this out for me?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            Well, since you are working from home for the next 4 months, you free to come knock this out for me?

Lol I'm in S7 office right now anyway. I can go over there this weekend and do the vacuuming if you need me to though.

Comment

We own a pool company. Hancock Pool services, look us up. We do commercial and residential, have been in bussiness since 1982. We are working on over a dozen flooded pools at the moment. Houston and surrounding areas. My work cell 8323810081.

Comment

Working...
                              X