target panic or something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

target panic or something

friends I am having a very hard time letting go of the string which causes me to try and aim.

Within two seconds I am on target, but I cannot for the life of me just freaking let go.

It's killing me at the 3D tournaments. Hunting I have no problems.

I do let down from time to time though.

Try some Blind Bale shooting to relax. Take it slow, anchor up close your eyes and let it slip away.

Comment

Get a 83# bow. You will turn loose soon enough with that

I feel your pain. I have a mighty pretty 55# anniversary BW that I struggle to shoot. I just can't turn loose of the Cotten picking string.

See if you can find a really light bow to shoot with to reprogram your fingers. Then when you go up in poundage the string will slip away like you want.
      I can practice all week with my 64 then shoot my 75 and the string slips away with out a thought

Comment

Contact AJ the tp guru here. He has an amazing product, it will cure you. I used it and it fixed me with in a week or two.

Comment

That's why I'm back shooting Open , I got 3 fingers that I cannot control. Either wont let go or let go when I knew it would miss I let go now.

Comment

shoot real close at your target for an hour or two. Go back the next day and warm up at 20 yards until your back and then let it fly.

Comment

How much do your arrows cost? are you afraid of loosing or damaging them? Just pick a spot, lift the bow, pull it back and let it go.

Comment

Yep, time to do some blank bale shooting. Don't even worry about trying to aim, just grove your release for a while.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will try it. Might have to just start hunting the 3D targers from now on.

Comment

I dnt understand why it's such a bad thing for it to cause you to aim? Seems to me you should use that to your advantage. The best target shooters out there aim. I have been told plenty that I hold on to the string too long. So I tried letting go sooner and my accuracy fell tremendously. So I scraped the conventional wisdom and I take my bloody time. Now I'm shooting better than I ever have and getting better. When I feel like its time to let go I concentrate on relaxing only my fingers.
                    IMO you dnt have a problem you have a solution, but you gotta find out how your trad bow likes to be shot.
                    Best of luck
                    - Connor

Comment

Originally posted by Cwag View Post
                      I dnt understand why it's such a bad thing for it to cause you to aim? Seems to me you should use that to your advantage. The best target shooters out there aim. I have been told plenty that I hold on to the string too long. So I tried letting go sooner and my accuracy fell tremendously. So I scraped the conventional wisdom and I take my bloody time. Now I'm shooting better than I ever have and getting better. When I feel like its time to let go I concentrate on relaxing only my fingers.
                      IMO you dnt have a problem you have a solution, but you gotta find out how your trad bow likes to be shot.
                      Best of luck
                      - Connor
                      Now that is a different approach.

Comment

Tim, I what you mean. Now I just keep pulling through the shot and let the string roll off my fingers. I never think about letting go, it just does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cwag View Post
                          Best of luck
                          - Connor
                          I "aim" every shot I take. I also hold for a pretty good while. I am not a instinctive archer . If I rush my shots my accuracy goes to crap. Everyone has there on opinion and way of shooting.
                          I also will go back to the bale to work on form problems , although I absolutely hate it, it does work.

Comment

I have been fighting TP for over a year now. I can execute "my shot" on the bag or practice range, but when I step up to a 3d target during a shoot, here come the demons. The only thing that has helped has been blank bale work. It is still there, but the blank bale has helped control it a bit.

Comment

Working...
                            X