No announcement yet.

Basspro and Cabelas merging???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competition in the marketplace is always better in my opinion. For hunting stuff I prefer Cabelas or Academy most of the time over BPS. I do like some of BPS brand fishing stuff though. I don't see how them combining really helps us as consumers, but that is just me. Will just have to see.

I love using my Cabelas card for every day stuff and saving up points to get something there when they run a sale or coupon combined with my points. It is nice to get something way below their regular price. I hope not much is changed with the way their cards work.

Comment

not a fan of BP. You can already tell a difference on the Cabelas website and pricing on sale items is not nearly as good as it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        Can I redeem Cabelas Club Visa points at Bass Pro? When is the effective date for all this to start?
        Not yet. hoping to have that option after the new year, or at least that's what I have been told so far.

Comment

So Ten Ring, is BP doing away with the Bank of America relationship? If so, then I'll shop there again... If they force Cabela's into a BoA, I will quit shopping there as well... sure hope that doesn't happen...

Comment

Can I still walk into either then decide I might as well wait two days and get it way cheaper from Amazon?

Comment

Love Cabelas, can only tolerate Bass Pro, but they never bothered to ask my opinion.....

-john

Comment

Amazon can get a scope here in 1-2 days. I just ordered one from Cabela's, 10 days. They need to up their game to compete in business. But is was free with points, so guess I will hurry up and wait.

Comment

Thats true! I don't know why but it takes them 3-4 days it seems before they even get around to shipping! I'm waiting now as matter fact. Still hasn't shipped.

Comment

All it means is the quality of Ranger Boats is gonna take a dive off a cliff and cost a lot more than they do now.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      So Ten Ring, is BP doing away with the Bank of America relationship? If so, then I'll shop there again... If they force Cabela's into a BoA, I will quit shopping there as well... sure hope that doesn't happen...
                      No, BPS is still BoA. Eventually CapitalOne will take possession of the credit card business. As of today you will get 1% in points at BPS with a Cabela's card and vice versa.

They say gift cards are exchangeable immediately as are returns at either store but I would give it a week or so to make sure everyone is trained up on how to handle it.

Quality of product on either brand isn't going to change, as of right now each company is keeping their current production operations.

For those saying Amazon is cheaper, it can be but Cabela's will price match any item that is sold by Amazon, not a 3rd party vendor. You just have to go to customer service and show them that Amazon is selling it at a certain price and they'll match it.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        No, BPS is still BoA. Eventually CapitalOne will take possession of the credit card business. As of today you will get 1% in points at BPS with a Cabela's card and vice versa.

They say gift cards are exchangeable immediately as are returns at either store but I would give it a week or so to make sure everyone is trained up on how to handle it.

Quality of product on either brand isn't going to change, as of right now each company is keeping their current production operations.

For those saying Amazon is cheaper, it can be but Cabela's will price match any item that is sold by Amazon, not a 3rd party vendor. You just have to go to customer service and show them that Amazon is selling it at a certain price and they'll match it.
                        So right now, if you ask for a credit card application at BPS (I stop in from time to time when I happen to be in Pearland or Katy and ask for one) it plainly says that the card is through BoA... When this changes, I'll shop there again...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          So right now, if you ask for a credit card application at BPS (I stop in from time to time when I happen to be in Pearland or Katy and ask for one) it plainly says that the card is through BoA... When this changes, I'll shop there again...
                          As far as I know that is not changing at all. BoA owns their credit card and that isn't changing.

Cabela's is changing from their own Worlds Foremost Bank to Capital One. Bass Pro does not take possession of the Cabela's credit card business due to federal regulations

Comment

Originally posted by 10132297 View Post
                            I am waiting for Academy to merge with Wal-Mart and home depot...one store with everything I need..

Academy is wal mart. Hunting and fishing is very little compared to clothes and shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                              Academy is wal mart. Hunting and fishing is very little compared to clothes and shoes

That's because the grandson of Academy's founders sold it to a private equity firm out of New York. Soft goods have a higher margin so they're move concerned with clothes than outdoor gear

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                                That's because the grandson of Academy's founders sold it to a private equity firm out of New York. Soft goods have a higher margin so they're move concerned with clothes than outdoor gear

Yes I know. My buddies wife is in the marketing department and she has filled me in when I was complaining.
                                I guess it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X