Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
    Giant Chupacabra fish got another one. Surprised the skull was left. They usually chew on them for a while.

"What's there?" "There be dragons."

Yep! Them deer try to swim the river, and plunk, under they go! They are some mean aggressive fish. I've never heard of anybody being eaten by one. Course I imagine no one has survived to tell that they had been eaten or attacked.

Comment

Nice find! I wonder if he got wounded last season?

Comment

4 days of off-n-on rain. That aughtta fill some holes up a little.

Did anybody dove hunt yesterday?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I got my neighbor into deer hunting, and I'm having him cut his teeth at Whitney, I'm pretty excited as we has some nice deer on camera.
          TG pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            4 days of off-n-on rain. That aughtta fill some holes up a little.

Did anybody dove hunt yesterday?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
            I’m planning on doing some dove hunting Friday. Depends on how wet it is.

Comment

I headed out there on Friday to check out the area I have hunted.

Comment

Were hunting dove on the 12th. Hope things settle down by then.
                My daughter does her first solo jump on the 13th so it's far west and then far east. I'll be tired.

Comment

Pre congrats to your daughter JND.

I jump so-low every day when I get outta bed, when I used to jump up.

Comment

Thanks. She asked if I wanted to jump but I'm bumping up against the weight limit. I'd have to jump naked. That's not good for any of us. I will jump up to reach the cookies on the top shelf.

Comment

Good luck to everyone and be safe!

Comment

Look, an ATC sighting! Hope you are doing well, still at Spinks?

Comment

Yes sir razor! Our traffic is up this year, been steady pushing tin.

Comment

The only time I ever got to go up with my grandfather was at Spinks. He hired a half hour ride. I was very very young. He used to fly in and out of there all the time many many many moons ago before he quit flying. Was a member of the Ox5 club here in Ft. Worth. And was one of the Silver Eagles. He used to have an old rotary in his office on 28th Street for the Ox5 Club, after the city made him move from where the water gardens are now. My dad has some pics of some of the Jennys he had. As well as others.

Good see-n ya post ATC.

Comment

Its been awhile TG, the airport has grown alot. It used to be called Oak grove airport, and the old runway is still there it's just covered up with shipping containers.

Comment

Yes, it's changed a great deal! Heck, now that you mention it, I remember it being called Oak Grove . Entrance used to be on the north end, if I remember correctly.

Arlington used to have one east of Bowen Rd and between Arkansas Ln and California Ln. for small craft. Basically just a packed field ran N and S. It's all covered up with houses now.

My grandfather told me one time about him flying over W. Berry St. As he was passing by, they were letting out church at the Berry St UMC. He said he seen his dad ans landed in the "field" to the east of the church. The high school is there now. Pascal HS if I remember right.

Comment

Working...
                                X