Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progression of wife's Brown Recluse bite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progression of wife's Brown Recluse bite!

A lot has been posted about "is this a brown recluse" or "does this look like a brown recluse bite". Well on April 9th my wife was bit on the leg while helping me in barn. She told me something bit her, but we didn't pay much attention to it. It didn't seem to bother her at all. We got done that afternoon and we could see a slight dark area and some redness, but no pain or itching. The next morning things would change for her BIG TIME. Pain hit at about a 8 or 9 on a 10 point scale, with 10 being someone cutting your leg off with a spork.

I'll have to load pics from phone......

This was the day of the bite April 10, 2016

This was day after and pain hit. 4/11/2016

This was second day as well. It continued to get worse and couple days later we found ourselves in Baylor intensive care for a week. They had her on 3 different antibotics that were the strongest available. She could no longer walk by herself due to pain. She would be on a walker for 3 weeks.

Setting in ER at Baylor

4/28/2016

5/10/2016

6/7/2016

7/20/2016 They cut off the black stuff.

8/02/2016

8/02/2016

8/16/2016

8/26/2016

[IMG]

Today 8/31/2016

I never dreamed her recovery would be this long, but if things continue like they have, she should be pretty much well by October.
    Last edited by BrianL; 08-31-2016, 03:53 PM. Reason: pics

Dang!![emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahh. That's crazy

Comment

Why did I look

This is why I hate spiders

Comment

Yep that is what my arm looked like 30 years ago wont soon forget the pain either.

Comment

gross.

Comment

I friggin hate spiders!
              Sorry she/y'all had to go through that.

Comment

Dadgummit!! Glad she's on the mend, crazy how long it has taken.

Comment

That's horrible.
                  Hope she heals ok!

I found 4 cleaning out my ground blind last month, ugh.

Comment

Had a fraternity brother with a bite on the inside of his thigh---I remember well sitting and playing cards and him with shorts on and newspaper on the floor to catch the "drip"

Looks to be healing nicely, though not as fast as she wants for sure.

Comment

My arm looked the same but there was never any pain till the Dr pulled the stitch out backwards. Mine didn't get that deep my ag teacher noticed it after about 4 days and sent me to the clinic. I remember the bite like mosquito or flea woke me up long enough to swat it.

Comment

I had similar results when I got bit in HS. Maybe not as bad but it was bad.

Comment

Looks all too familiar with what I had. Was bitten on my hip under the belt line, talk about pain. I have a pretty good sized scar from where they had to operate/clean out the wound. They cut a cross over the bite to keep it draining and cleaned out all the rotten flesh. Then packed the wound with gauze. I feel for your wife, and pray for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Note to self.
                            Don't get bit by a brown recluse.

Comment

Eeekkk...that made me squirm!

Comment

Working...
                              X