No announcement yet.

Another Trump campaign promise kept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had not heard about this. Park Service definitely needs it!!! I am hopeful the new head of the interior (Zinke) can make some good moves for outdoorsman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Had not heard about this. Park Service definitely needs it!!! I am hopeful the new head of the interior (Zinke) can make some good moves for outdoorsman.

Not to be a smart arse but you won't hear or see it watching CNN or MSNBC..
      They never tell the truth plus they are extremely busy trying to clean up the Susan Rice mess. Trying to figure out how to spin it..
      FOX is not 100% correct all the time, not even close, but anyone who is serious about what's going on in this country should think about tuning in from time to time.... It can be a real eye opener for some..
      Last edited by PondPopper; 04-04-2017, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Not to be a smart arse but you won't hear or see it watching CNN or MSNBC..
        They never tell the truth plus they are extremely busy trying to clean up the Susan Rice mess. Trying to figure out how to spin it..
        FOX is not 100% correct all the time, not even close, but anyone who is serious about what's going on in this country should think about tuning in from time to time.... It can be a real eye opener for some..
        LMAO......yep, u would be a lower end wanna be smart arse in this scenario. You missed my point. I had not been at home to look at any news channels. I did not get any updates on my phone..... FOX, BBC or CNN......not that $73,000 dollars would be a big enough story to make a "update" on my phone. When I got back in my truck nothing was mentioned on my usual 740 AM talk radio either.........but $73,000 is a donation in the world of politics. Definitely a nice gesture and maybe we can win as outdoorsman with some positive interior department news on our side. I have more faith in Zinke than anyone else that has been chosen to lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          LMAO......yep, u would be a lower end wanna be smart arse in this scenario. You missed my point. I had not been at home to look at any news channels. I did not get any updates on my phone..... FOX, BBC or CNN......not that $73,000 dollars would be a big enough story to make a "update" on my phone. When I got back in my truck nothing was mentioned on my usual 740 AM talk radio either.........but $73,000 is a donation in the world of politics. Definitely a nice gesture and maybe we can win as outdoorsman with some positive interior department news on our side. I have more faith in Zinke than anyone else that has been chosen to lead.
          No comment on the Susan Rice developments??

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            No comment on the Susan Rice developments??
            Huh, that's a different thread. But just for you..........I will repeat myself at nauseam.
            I hope ANY and ALL that have done wrong get prosecuted quickly..........no matter what side of the silly political aisle they are on.
            But, I have said that 20 times on various threads on TBH. Hopefully, and prayfully it gets so nasty that the majority on both sides get nailed to the proverbial cross. Clean house, drain the swamp and whatever else sounds sexy.......get rid of them on the Democratic side............and also on the Republican side! I have ZERO love for any politician that is protecting the castle made of sand!
            Last edited by Landrover; 04-04-2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I think it's a good thing for him to do. Granted, he is proposing to CUT 1.5 billion from their budget, so although it's a nice gesture, they are still getting screwed. Given his wealth, this gesture doesn't mean as much as it would from other, less wealthy presidents, but still a nice gesture none-the-less.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                I think it's a good thing for him to do. Granted, he is proposing to CUT 1.5 billion from their budget, so although it's a nice gesture, they are still getting screwed. Given his wealth, this gesture doesn't mean as much as it would from other, less wealthy presidents, but still a nice gesture none-the-less.

I was attempting to keep it positive.....lol! Yep, that is common knowledge but we will see how it shakes out. Right now, hopefully it does not turn out to be a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post

He said he wouldn't accept pay and this was his way to give it back since he legally had to take the pay.

Comment

I see they had a budget of about $3B in 2015 and that it jumped to 4.2B in 2016. Is the cut based off of 2016 numbers? What is he cutting?

Comment

I guess the fundamental question here is, should the federal government own land for historic or recreational usage (Historic sites, recreational parks, wildlife areas, etc.)? As a former Texas State Parks employee, I've seen first hand what it means to be way under funded. Personally, I like having national and state parks for the reasons listed above. I think the feds generally have nicer parks than most states do and they are better caretakers of the land and resources. But that takes money.

Comment

Actually, the numbers above are only for the National Parks Service. I'd like to know their entire budget numbers, what they were in previous years, and what is being cut. Saying they're getting screwed is what the media wants us to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                          Actually, the numbers above are only for the National Parks Service. I'd like to know their entire budget numbers, what they were in previous years, and what is being cut. Saying they're getting screwed is what the media wants us to believe.
                          Numbers are definitely worth seeing. But repairs, infrastructure and hiring in park service has been woefully subpar for 15 years or more.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                            The NPS has been underfunded for many years.

Comment

id rather he keep his 400k salary and start cutting out some of his 3million dollar weekend trips to maralago.

seems a bit callous to cut a 4mil annual council for the homeless as you head out for a 3mil weekend.

but hey, im no mathemagician

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
                                id rather he keep his 400k salary and start cutting out some of his 3million dollar weekend trips to maralago.

seems a bit callous to cut a 4mil annual council for the homeless as you head out for a 3mil weekend.

but hey, im no mathemagician

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                                That would be a nice trade out. [emoji15] What happened to Camp David weekends for presidents.[emoji844]

Comment

Working...
                                X