Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another broadhead thread.

Quick run down.
    Started with Thunderheads, then could not find quality replacement blades, flat spots and mis-shapen, dull
    Tried Slick Trick Viper Tricks- GREAT penetration, low blood from a series of different angles
    NAP Spitfire, Okay, but not what I really wanted
    Grim Reaper Carnifour. First deer bled terrific and short blood trail. Last few (4 doe this season) all hit the ground within eyesight, but not much blood from impact to pile-up.
    Finally here is my question. IF everything is piling up fast would you bother changing heads? (worried about the one that doesn't fall quick with no blood to follow)
    The last two doe were steep angles. One toward and one away. Neither time the arrow exited. Last deer was 25 yards quartering away. Arrow hit two ribs going in and stopped in off shoulder (note shoulder not bone).
    Compound bow is 68# at mt 27" draw shooting Gold Tip traditional arrow 340 spine.
    Second part, for those of you who still shoot fixed blade broadheads in your compound bows, how about some testimonial about why you keep using what you do.

NAP Shockwave. They open every time, they are sharp and inexpensive. Oops, didn't see the fixed blade part.

Comment

Tried and true Muzzys for me. Incredible the amount of carnage that little head causes. Smaller head penetrates better, and I've had an exit wound (more blood) every time. Only been using them a few years, Thunderheads before that.

Comment

Nap Killzones best ever. Blood for days and huge holes for me always

Comment

ACbob, Muzzy makes a few different models, which is your go to?

Comment

If you are stuck on fixed try the Stryker from G5 they are solid and fly really well. Replaceable blades.

Otherwise try the grim reaper whitetail expandables. They are devastating. Blood trails for days if you do your part.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I use the the original muzzy 3 blade. One of the cheapest broadheads on the market but I've had great luck with them. I've shot 2 does and a pig with them and the furthest one ran maybe 80 yards but good blood even on a marginal shot.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Muzzy originals or muzzy trocar.

Magnus Stinger also great.

Comment

Magnus

Comment

So your saying that the NAP Thinderhead replacement blades from NAP were no good?

Comment

If they are dying in sight, then why change? Accuracy is key, sounds like you are accurate. Why are you even wanting to change?

Comment

Im somewhat in the same boat. I have been piling up deer and pigs with 4 blade wacems. The pigs bleed real good with them. The deer less so. But i have watched every deer fall. Pass throughs on everything. Im looking at the g5 stryker magnum.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like two of them had no blood trail due to a high entry wound and no exit

Comment

Bryan, not real high entry, but mid line, and correct, no exit.
                            That is the reason for the desire to switch. I know the Carnifour is a deadly head and is producing results, but I may not be carrying enough momentum to go ahead and push them through once the energy is used to open the head?
                            Jes I quit the Thunderhead three years ago after getting really bad replacement blades from NAP.
                            I guess maybe I am looking for too much. BUT I would like a deep penetrating head that still stops them as fast as my current one does. Shot placement is paramount, but it doesn't hurt to have a solid double hole to go with it.

Comment

I would for sure shoot a head you regulery get two holes with. I have had great luck with pass throughs and good blood with exodus, and German kenitics XL or the XXL. Not a mech fan, but have now shot a lot of critters with rage hypos and have had great blood trails, and short ones also. I broke the first carnifour I shot, and quit using them.

Comment

Working...
                              X