Off road trailer, anyone ever make one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off road trailer, anyone ever make one?

I have been looking on the internet and on YouTube these small trailers that are made for off road that are also used for camping. Some guys have made them out of wood and others steel and aluminum.

Anyone on the green screen ever make one? I think I might want to try but would like tips and ideas if possible

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
    I have been looking on the internet and on YouTube these small trailers that are made for off road that are also used for camping. Some guys have made them out of wood and others steel and aluminum.

Anyone on the green screen ever make one? I think I might want to try but would like tips and ideas if possible
    Go to Expedition Portal, and look under trailer builds in the forums. There are a lot of trailers on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
      Go to Expedition Portal, and look under trailer builds in the forums. There are a lot of trailers on there.
      Thanks for the heads up on that forum.

Comment

I am in the process of building one. I have my trailer frame finished and about to get started on building the camper itself. You can also find more on them at the t&ttt.com forum too.

Comment

I really like some of these.. There's one called an explorer box that's made for running a rooftop tent and plans can be ordered.. Be perfect for a jeep or small vehicle

Comment

I built one out of a carryall a while back, 3x6. It was used to carry a atv on a bumper hitch. . 8I welded a straight axle to it and even drilled up some extra atv rims so I’d have a spare on the trailer. I just decked it with wood, but it would bounce everything out if I hit a big enough hole!! Lol. But it would haul 1k pounds of corn to my stand with no worries.

Comment

Check some Jeep forums....they build lots if those

Comment

This guy has made a few and has threads posted here in the DIY section.

Comment

Offroad trailer

This is the one I built and used in CO for several years.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by natvet View Post
                    This is the one I built and used in CO for several years.
                    very nice

Comment

Working...
                    X