Austin area river float help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin area river float help

The wife and I will be in Austin until Friday morning for a training conference, and I'm looking for a good place for the two of us to go on a river float. We have never done it but really want to. Looking for something around Austin or even towards Marble Falls, where we will be staying the night. We are looking for something that will last three or four hours. Again we have never done a float, and we would like to somewhat stay away from a party/college crowd. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, BJ.

The Guad and San Marcos are only two around here. Floating the river is kinda a college activity. As much as I enjoy it kids do as well. Have fun

Comment

San Marcos is going to be the closest place to Austin, but you’ll have to put up with the party/college crowd.

Comment

Guadalupe will be more adult speed than the San Marcos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at paddle boarding on Lady Bird Lake and stay in Austin.

Comment

Stay away from the San Marcos this weekend unless wanting to do Lion's club in town.

Large music fest with 20k+ people coming in at the normal float spots outside of town.

Comment

Check out the Bastrop river company. They do trips on the colorado a short drive from Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by bignick612 View Post
                Check out the Bastrop river company. They do trips on the colorado a short drive from Austin.
                I was wondering if there was something we could do on the Colorado since we were headed to Marble Falls that evening.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                  I was wondering if there was something we could do on the Colorado since we were headed to Marble Falls that evening.
                  Unfortunately this would be the opposite side of Austin but it would get you away from the party crowds at least.

Comment

Working...
                  X