What is your budget? Kitchen Remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your budget? Kitchen Remodel

The wife and I have decided to remodel our kitchen and have contacted several remodel companies...

The first question they ask is "whats your budget"?

I'm clueless how to answers this because I have never done a remodel.

I'm in sales and understand they need to know that I am serious...but I HATE this question.

What does a kitchen remodel cost these days?

I’d start at 40-50k. Have a couple buddies that are custom home builders and do remodels as well. That’s the ballpark I’ve been told by them and they are very busy.

Comment

Depends on your budget
      Haha sorry I could not resist
      They ask about your budget so that they know which way to go plain Jane cabinets fancy gap in its regular appliances high-end appliances granite tile and such

Comment

Tel them I want this and this and this and if I can't afford it
        I'll start taking some away.

Comment

Yep build it the exact way you want it and then trim where you want to meet budget.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

They need to know how much money your able/willing to spend on a new kitchen and they work off that figure. It could mean the difference between quartz counter tops or Formica.

Comment

They often ask that because people are thinking they are going to get a new kitchen for less than 10k. No point in wasting their time if your not ready to spend what it cost. Most full kitchen remodels are going to be over 30k. We've done kitchens on tight budgets all the way up to 300k. Just be honest with what you are willing to spend.

Comment

I contracted this myself and we spent less than $20k.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	24527338

Comment

It's not the first question I ask a customer, but that is information we will need to be able to move forward.
                  Everything comes in a grade, from appliances to cabinets to counter tops. Tile, paint, lighting...the list can be pretty extensive. And expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                    It's not the first question I ask a customer, but that is information we will need to be able to move forward.
                    Everything comes in a grade, from appliances to cabinets to counter tops. Tile, paint, lighting...the list can be pretty extensive. And expensive.
                    Spot on....

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                      I contracted this myself and we spent less than $20k.
                      [ATTACH]893553[/ATTACH]
                      All in appliances, floors, cabs, backsplash etc? What did you do yourself? I am impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by RDT View Post
                        Tel them I want this and this and this and if I can't afford it
                        I'll start taking some away.
                        This^^^

Never give them a price. Tell them this is what I want to do. send me over an estimate. You tell them you have 30k and they give you the kitchen you want for 20k, you just got screwed.

Comment

I contracted the floors (whole house not just kitchen) and quartz countertop I did the rest. Came in under 15k

Comment

New range and DW. Existing floors and fridge. Hired cabinet shop to build the fridge surround with bookshelf an all new doors and drawer fronts. I just repainted the original cabinet boxes. New soft close hinges and door pulls. Contracted all paint and granite. I did the backsplash, recessed and pendent lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                              All in appliances, floors, cabs, backsplash etc? What did you do yourself? I am impressed.
                              New range and DW. Existing floors and fridge. Hired cabinet shop to build the fridge surround with bookshelf an all new doors and drawer fronts. I just repainted the original cabinet boxes. New soft close hinges and door pulls. Contracted all paint and granite. I did the backsplash, recessed and pendent lighting.

Comment

Working...
                              X