• Show
Clear All

That will certainly get your attention

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
      That will certainly get your attention
      yes sir it sure did and got me to fork out 200 bones for some snake boots

Comment

Too close for comfort, glad you had the old school guards. The last couple of times I have forgotten my boots, I have almost stepped on venomous snakes - keep the in the truck now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcortex View Post
          Too close for comfort, glad you had the old school guards. The last couple of times I have forgotten my boots, I have almost stepped on venomous snakes - keep the in the truck now though.
          yes sir I wont go anymore without them not that deep atleast on foot don't get service back in there either to call anyone

Comment

Dang! Glad you took your grandpa’s advise!

Comment

Originally posted by GLM View Post
              Dang! Glad you took your grandpa’s advise!
              you know he didn't get that old by being dumb he made it through Vietnam and 35 years as an electrician and you don't make it to the ripe age of 80 with out a little wisdom lol

Comment

Snake Boots are Cheap!

Started wearing snake boots probably 90% of the time in the field now. Lace ups and a pain in the behind but my best friend almost lost his son-in-law last spring. I have had white river chaps full time under my back seat for years and the old plastic zip ups in case someone is with me. But now I am actually wearing protection. It took like 12 anti-venom viles to get him over it. He really almost died off a 16" rattler. Understand this big healthy young man is 6'2 and probably 250 lbs. Big ole boy!

So FYI guys - one anti-venom vile is $10,000.00 a piece! His hospital bill was over $136,000.00 dollars

Snake Boots are Cheap!

Comment

I came within a couple inches of getting bit by one last summer while scouting. Easing through some thick stuff along a creek and never saw him till he was mid strike mouth wide open. I jumped back and he literally missed my knee by a couple inches. Scared the hell out of me! Moral of the story I always thought if ya just paid attention you prolly wouldn’t get hit by one and would see them. I was and just flat out didn’t see them. Those suckers can get camouflaged. Glad he didn’t get you!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by SolocamShooter; 03-08-2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

moccasins tend to be really aggressive...

Comment

Life savors for sale!!!

Comment

I've had a few different pairs of snake boots. Right now I have the Game Winners from Academy. They look just like the Chippewa square toes. I call them Cheap-a-wa.
                        Waterproof and snake proof.
                        They are very light and comfortable.
                        I've tested the water proof claim so far. Have not tested the snake proof claim yet

Comment

I'm lucky to not have so many encounters with them things

Comment

I been a Chippewa believer for years..Glad you wore yours...

Comment

Even paying full retail price for snake boots is still one of the best deals out there

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                                I came within a couple inches of getting bit by one last summer while scouting. Easing through some thick stuff along a creek and never saw him till he was mid strike mouth wide open. I jumped back and he literally missed my knee by a couple inches. Scared the hell out of me! Moral of the story I always thought if ya just paid attention you prolly wouldn’t get hit by one and would see them. I was and just flat out didn’t see them. Those suckers can get camouflaged. Glad he didn’t get you!
                                This is why I don't take my kids (4 & 2) to our land.
                                They are exposed from neck down

Comment

Working...
                                X