No announcement yet.

Any Physical Therapists here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone that is a PT looking for a job in the DFW area PM me. I have a friend that owns an home health and Therapist staffing agency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been a PTA for 15 years and have done pediatric home health for most of it, but I have worked in about every setting possible. Pediatrics has taken a major hit in the home health setting and just this week I have transitioned back to adults unfortunately. The industry is cyclical like other industries, but I can honestly say it's been very good to me for the most part. As others have said keep an open mind about different settings becuase there is about a 90% chance you'll end up doing something you never dreamed of. Also if you are looking to get rich this might not be the career path for you unless you decide to start your own company, but it very easy to make a good living. Another great thing about PT is you can find a job in the big cities or very rural areas because the demand is high. My best advice would be to surround yourself with GOOD mentors throughout the process. This may be clinical instructors, professors, or co-workers when you get out. Find the good clinicians and be a sponge. Also never underestimate the value of good continuing education classes. Shoot me a PM if you ever have any questions and I'd be glad to answer them for you. Congrats and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
        i will pm u

Ok thanks I'll check inbox

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
          I've been a PTA for 15 years and have done pediatric home health for most of it, but I have worked in about every setting possible. Pediatrics has taken a major hit in the home health setting and just this week I have transitioned back to adults unfortunately. The industry is cyclical like other industries, but I can honestly say it's been very good to me for the most part. As others have said keep an open mind about different settings becuase there is about a 90% chance you'll end up doing something you never dreamed of. Also if you are looking to get rich this might not be the career path for you unless you decide to start your own company, but it very easy to make a good living. Another great thing about PT is you can find a job in the big cities or very rural areas because the demand is high. My best advice would be to surround yourself with GOOD mentors throughout the process. This may be clinical instructors, professors, or co-workers when you get out. Find the good clinicians and be a sponge. Also never underestimate the value of good continuing education classes. Shoot me a PM if you ever have any questions and I'd be glad to answer them for you. Congrats and good luck!

Thank you for your response and advice. I may send you some more questions in the future!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
              Congrats!! Been a PT for 20 years. My daughter and son-in law are both PT’s and my other daughter is a PTA. Haven’t had to look for a job since I got out of school. I’ve been in home health for 15 years and we now own a home health agency.

Sent you PM

Comment

Sent you a PM Bull21

Comment

Working...
                X