Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone un-loaded baseball cards recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Mom and Dad are remodeling and I was summoned to come get some of my old junk...

No Honus Wagner T206 in the bunch, mostly just a bunch from the Mid 80s through early 90s.

4 or 5 Topps complete sets 87-91 one still in wrapping, '86, '87,'88, and '89 Topps Traded sets, these years have a bunch of hall of famers in them.

30 or 40 different Will Clark cards from rookie to 92 or so
    Buncha Bo Jackson

There's probably a bunch of Barry Bonds stuff in there, but I don't know because I didn't like him so I didn't seperate.

There are a few thousand random Topps, Donruss, and Fleer cards all in cases. Some Upper Deck and others.

A couple late 70s Nolan Ryan, Dennis Eckersley RC, Juan Marichal RC

A bunch of Becketts from late 80s and 90s with cool covers. Bo, Nolan, Michael Jordan, etc..

I know they aren't worth much if anything, just kinda looking for a little direction if there's somewhere to unload stuff like this as a lot? Or if any of that stuff rings any bells and someone here might want it.

I'd carry it all to a shop, but I'm sure they'd just offer me 20 bucks, and I have no grounds to really argue?

I was sure all this stuff would be worth a fortune by now, but I'd sure rather have what I spent on it. Any direction would be appreciated.
    Found all my old baseball cards in a box around Christmas Time at my parents. I remember a couple cards that were in the $30-50 range when I got them 20 years ago. Checked the value on them now and they were $1.80 and $2.10 respectively. I shut the box and thought about all my parents money I wasted on those **** things.

Comment

Bo was everyone's guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Good memories right there. I have the Bo Breaker, the b/w Bo card and that Nolan Ryan Angels card in my stack.

Comment

That would've put you right behind the greatness of Jr's Café. Golden burger finally went ahead and change the name, they are now a Vietnamese restaurant. There's a gun store in there now called Bear Creek firearms, but I have not stopped.

Yes sir, I loved that cafe also. We moved from there when I was probably 8 and went out towards Golden Triangle Estates. Then we moved to rhome back in 96. Keller has grown so much since then. I stopped in to the gun store one day and just didn’t like the vibe of the shop so I haven’t been back. There is another gun store by the uhaul place on Golden Triangle. RDGuns is the place. He does drawings for the NorthWest shooting team on FB. I spend way to much on the drawings but I’ve won a few guns from him.

Comment

How old are you?

Jr's Cafe was the coffee shop for all the farmers and local construction guys. This was mostly before cell phones, a LOT of business got done there. You could get a house built no problem talkin to folks in there. All the salesman from work went every morning, and when they changed our start time to 8:30 or so in high school, me and a bunch of buddies would meet there before school. The Texas Scramble was awesome, but the biscuits and gravy would get ya to lunch too.

Comment

I have a box of them myself. I've been saying I was going to get rid of them because they are taking up space. I'm going to be moving soon so I really might try.

Comment

Bo was everyone's guy.

Looks like my collection Dale. I have about 20-30 Beckett’s also, a handful being the Bo Jackson one. I have a handful of complete sets still in the wrapper. 89 Upper Deck with Ken Griffey Jr rookie probably being the best one. Or it was 30yrs ago anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                Years ago my Mom called and said she was cleaning out the attic and did I want my baseball cards.

Most all from the 1950s - Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, and a bunch of others - lots of memories. My Mantle was worth $500 at one time but have not checked lately.
                I still have some of those with the wood grain border. Actually had Mickey Mantle in that year. It was his second year. Believe those are 1962 Topps.

Comment

I still buy some every once in a while. These boxes are full of them.

Comment

Anyone wanting to get rid of any cards I may be interested. I’m in Fort Worth

Comment

finding a card worth any real money is a needle in a haystack.... The majority of common cards are worth pennies..... older cards are worth a couple of dollars depending on condition.
                      Most cards with value are modern cards with signatures or unique (low numbered 1/1, or 1/2).
                      There are exceptions but not many. 95% of 70's. 80's, 90's cards could be used to start a fire at deer camp.
                      Look on ebay and use the "sold" search feature. A card is only worth what people will pay for it (not what Beckett says its worth).

Comment

I have most of those Will Clark cards Dale. Speaking of Honus Wagner.......I have one of him! I will look tonight and see exactly what year and who produced it.

Comment

In the same boat as most. Last year I sold about 10,000+ cards from the 80's and 90's for $100. About all you can get for them. Granted I had pulled out some of the important rookies and inserts that I sold individually on Ebay. I gave some unopened packs to kids to enjoy and sold the complete factory sets to a card shop for a fraction of their beckett worth. Most of the market these days is only interested in graded mint cards or really old vintage cards. everything in between is pretty worthless. We all should have sold 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by northernhunter View Post
                            In the same boat as most. Last year I sold about 10,000+ cards from the 80's and 90's for $100. About all you can get for them. Granted I had pulled out some of the important rookies and inserts that I sold individually on Ebay. I gave some unopened packs to kids to enjoy and sold the complete factory sets to a card shop for a fraction of their beckett worth. Most of the market these days is only interested in graded mint cards or really old vintage cards. everything in between is pretty worthless. We all should have sold 20 years ago.
                            I had a friend that did that in the early 90's and got 6K for his. He didn't have a large collection either, just a good collection. I couldn't believe a bunch of baseball cards could be worth that much.

Comment

I got a ton of cards as well. I even bought some boxes that are still not opened from the 80's. My best card is a Roger Maris rookie card I think, but after I read about Nolan Ryan it might be that one LOL! I also have 8 Mickey Mantles!

Comment

cards

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                                Found all my old baseball cards in a box around Christmas Time at my parents. I remember a couple cards that were in the $30-50 range when I got them 20 years ago. Checked the value on them now and they were $1.80 and $2.10 respectively. I shut the box and thought about all my parents money I wasted on those **** things.
                                nah you didn't waste their money it was something we all did as kids!Its all about memories!!!!!No worries! I am sure you have wasted money or more stupid stuff than that! We use to trade for sets and buy packs of cards and cards to try to get that 1 card you needed for the complete set!

Comment

Working...
                                X