LIVE - incompetance, insanity, and a major cluster in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIVE - incompetance, insanity, and a major cluster in the making

Final Confederate monument in NOLA may get the last laugh. So far this morning there have been three failed attempts to remove the Robert E Lee statue. 1st attempt was a JLG man lift that only went 60' as the REL statue stands over 80' tall.... base 60' and actual statue 20'. Estimates are the statue weighs approx. 10,000 lbs. of cast bronze. The monument has stood at Lee Circle for over 133 yrs.

2nd failed attempt was the larger crane truck not being able to drive up the natural grass incline of the monument mound. Ground crew then decided to bring in bobcats and backhoes to remove the grass and earth to make it more level. Then add wooden pads for the crane truck to drive up closer to the monument.

3rd attempt failed as you can see the crane truck burning it's tires and gears still being unable to climb the incline. Also there are no support pads to put the riggers on.

All this work being done without a permit, no onsite contractor, no soil samples, soil compaction, OSHA compliance, or certified licensed operators. Most of the workers are unskilled laborers (mainly firemen and other City employees) who were told to get the job done by Mayor Mitch Landrieu. They just showed up onsite at 5am and started the monument removal process.

Looks like a catastrophic failure about to happen. I'm afraid we are about to witness someone get badly hurt or killed

any contractors, OSHA employees, crane operators, safety managers, compliance personnel feel free to chime in and add your 2 cents to this epic failure in the making

Oh and it gets even better, Landrieu has scheduled a 3pm celebration party at Gallier Hall to address the removal of all 4 Confederate monuments. He claims this is the Re-birth of New Orleans allowing the city to bury the Confederate prejudice past and move forward. He honestly believes ,and has publicly stated that this will end the violence, create a more unified city, keep young bright business minds from leaving the city, and bring more tourists to visit. This dude has zero clue and purely grandstanding while giving residents of NOLA the middle finger.

LIVE video feeds to watch
    http://www.wwltv.com/mb/news/local/g...rcle/441037153

http://www.wdsu.com/article/watch-li...statue/9875553

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 05-19-2017, 09:16 AM.

This is greatness! I hope they can't get it down. All this political correctness crap and ignoring our nations history is a bunch of garbage. I can't believe they are removing all of these historical monuments..

Comment

Unbelievable! I so dislike the direction our country has been headed. Sick, sick, sick of it!

Comment

Ridiculous!

Comment

Hang tough Gen. Lee!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I agree, getting rid of those monuments will make everything better.

Comment

I'll be honest.....I'm rooting for the general. If someone doesn't have enough gonads or brain cells to know that this is silly and wrong and they get hurt, not losing any sleep over it.

Comment

Lee's last stand!

Comment

I wish it would fall on the mayor's head.

Comment

And NO won't get a dime of this tourist's money. I've been 3 times but there won't be a 4th.

Comment

Im rooting for Gen Lee

Comment

If they need to relocate it, I think it would go great in my back yard.

Comment

"He honestly believes ,and has publicly stated that this will end the violence, create a more unified city, keep young bright business minds from leaving the city, and bring more tourists to visit."
                          And the strict gun laws in Chicago stopped gun violence.....
                          All these politics are betting on the ignorant to follow..this is just plain stupid.

Comment

They should paint rebel flags on all the potholes, filthy sidewalks and bums in that city so he would get rid of them too.

Comment

You see that bridge over General Lee's right shoulder? I've crossed that bridge many times but I've never stopped and set foot in New Orleans. I've also never spent a dime there. And now these idiots have guaranteed that I never will.

Give me the little towns along I-10. THAT'S Louisiana to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X