DIY Light for HHA Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Light for HHA Sight

Situation: I have an HHA single pin sight, and I also had a couple of different sight lights on hand, but they wouldn't work in the usual way that most lights screw into the sight housing.
    HHA will sell you their Blue Burst light with mounting hardware, but I didn't want to have to buy one, if I didn't have to.

Solution: Call it Red Neck Engineering if you want, but I came up with an easy and cheap way to mount my light, where it works just fine. All that I needed was some JB Weld and a vise, to hold the bow in place, while the JB Weld dried.
    Time will tell, but it seems to be a rock solid bonding job, and the light hits the fiber optics, lighting up my pin perfectly.
    Last edited by HeyMikey; 12-08-2015, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Good deal! Could you have JB'd it into the existing light hole?

Comment

DIY Light for HHA Sight

No, the light doesn't hit the fiber optics from there. The HHA light has an offset in its mount, and this is actually more streamlined and compact than their setup.
        Last edited by HeyMikey; 12-08-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

I have the same site with a similar setup only using velcro, works really well. Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
            No, the light doesn't hit the fiber optics from there. The HHA light has an offset in its mount, and this is actually more streamlined and compact than their setup.
            Isn't the hole right above the pin?

Comment

Yes, but it won't light up the optic fiber.

Comment

I rednecked one of these one year, taped body of light to riser and had flew head shine on fiber. Had to put tape over tip due to brightness

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                  http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-72088...lex+neck+light

I rednecked one of these one year, taped body of light to riser and had flew head shine on fiber. Had to put tape over tip due to brightness
                  I can see where that would work as well, but my goal was to make do with what I had on hand, and it works like a charm

Comment

Working...
                  X