HELP! String concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! String concern

Need some string advice, and what better place than the green screen.
    I recently removed my peep utilizing a ball point pen to separate the string. I have done this in the past, and wanted to go back to my Anchor Sight (great product). When the peep fell out, I noticed what looked like slight fraying. I immediately waxed everything but am concerned of the longevity for the season. Last thing I want to do at this point is put a new string on my bow, but obviously I dont want the string to snap. Any thoughts? Can i tightly wrap serving thread around this area for support? Has this ever happened to anyone? Thanks...

Originally posted by MikeTCU View Post
    Need some string advice, and what better place than the green screen.
    I recently removed my peep utilizing a ball point pen to separate the string. I have done this in the past, and wanted to go back to my Anchor Sight (great product). When the peep fell out, I noticed what looked like slight fraying. I immediately waxed everything but am concerned of the longevity for the season. Last thing I want to do at this point is put a new string on my bow, but obviously I dont want the string to snap. Any thoughts? Can i tightly wrap serving thread around this area for support? Has this ever happened to anyone? Thanks...
    If its just a little I just waxed the hell out of it and kept on going. Can you post a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      If its just a little I just waxed the hell out of it and kept on going. Can you post a pic.
      thanks ragin. I actually did just that, and loaded it up with wax. I should have taken a pic before hand but forgot. I shot it about 10 times outside and everything looked good. Hopefully all will be good through end of season...

Comment

Use the metal string separator, the edges are smooth, a pen pushes through and will fray the strands as you have found out if you don't go between the strands just right.

Comment

Howdy guys, I have a string concern however it doesn't have to do with the peep sight. Being new I can't start a new thread because I'm well under 30 posts. I can not find information about my problem anywhere. Would anyone mind if I inserted a picture and asked it here? I don't mean to hijack, just kind of out of options.

Comment

go for it!

Comment

I have an inch of loose string hanging just above my D-loop and it looks like where they tied the colors of the zebra string. The bow is a Mission Ballistic. Just got it Thursday. I'm not sure if I can trim it or just supposed to deal with it being there. Can't find this problem anywhere else.

Comment

Is that a strand of bow string material tied onto the string, or is it actually coming out of the string? If it's a broken strand, replace the string. The "ends" of an endless bow string are under the serving, so that isn't loose ends.

If it's a strand tied on that was maybe there holding a cat whisker or holding the string together for shipping, then you could carefully remove it.

Comment

Thank You PSD. I think it's shipping string The bow is brand new, they just got it in that week.

Comment

Originally posted by FishinAddict22 View Post
                    Thank You PSD. I think it's shipping string The bow is brand new, they just got it in that week.
                    It should be the string that is separating half the string from the other half so you dont have to count the strands on peep installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      It should be the string that is separating half the string from the other half so you dont have to count the strands on peep installation.
                      What ragin said. Factory string to indicate separation for the peep. If your shooting without a peep it won't hurt to leave it in there but you might want to tie the ends back on the string so they don't fray. You don't have a problem IMHO.

Comment

Thanks guys. That's indeed what it is. It's slightly off color to the other dark strand in the string and it's loosely tied. Got a basic rest and 4pin sight from academy today so when my 26" mods come in I'll atleast be able to start shooting a little. Bought it as a bare bow so didn't have peep sight installed yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X