Thoughts on Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10 x 50 V-PLEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10 x 50 V-PLEX

What do y'all think about the Vortex Diamondback 3.5-10 x 50 V-PLEX scope? I have the opportunity to pick it up for about 1/2 it's normal retail price for new in box. I need to replace an old cheap scope on my .270 so thought this could be a good option. Probably won't shoot past 200 yards with the gun and it will mostly be a safe queen so I don't want to spend too much on it.

For half price you can’t go wrong based on your level of usage. Low light won’t be great but it’s a good value IMO

Comment

I’ve only used vortex binos and been happy with them. That being said if you can get for a great price and going to replace your existing cheaper scope. I’d say try it out
      I think they offer a great warranty also
      I’d recommend a good set of rings and base since changing it out

Comment

I have a couple vortex scopes but I will not sugar coat it. they provide lots of nice features for their price. I think the glass quality,suffers because of this. they tend to white out when light levels are low. the glass is not as good as even vx1 leupolds. however I do think they have great turrets and seem to hold up well. i think they are a nice option for people not wanting to spend 700 bucks or more and want the features they offer.

Comment

Got one on my sons Creedmoor....seems to be a pretty good scope so far. Taking it on a piggy hunt tomorrow.

Comment

have two and they aint nothing but awesome and the warranty is a winner

Comment

I have one and love it

Comment

Great scopes for the money, half price I would jump on.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                  I have a couple vortex scopes but I will not sugar coat it. they provide lots of nice features for their price. I think the glass quality,suffers because of this. they tend to white out when light levels are low. the glass is not as good as even vx1 leupolds. however I do think they have great turrets and seem to hold up well. i think they are a nice option for people not wanting to spend 700 bucks or more and want the features they offer.

Totally agree on the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

For half price, I'd get one. But, I also would not expect superior glass. Would make a dandy 17hrm/22lr scope though.

Comment

Working...
                    X