• Show
Clear All

Would you shoot?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379992878.461307.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	24988938
    I know there's bigger deer on this property but still none on camera had this guy the other day I got him at 4.5 ill prolly pass him because I know the potential that's out there am I missin out on a good deer? Hard to tell in this pic but his left g2 prolly 10" an g3 prolly 8"

I like em trashy! But would probably pass if there were potential for bigger bucks around. Sweet deer none-the-less.

Comment

I wouldn't because I'm in antler restriction county

Comment

If u hunting there again next year I would pass

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
          Oh dang glad you brought that up how would you measure his spread he has another palmation that goes out prolly 5" like a moose scoop

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I'd let that buck walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacock View Post
                X2

Comment

Reminds me of this guy I had on camera for 3 years. I only saw him once in person and that was the evening I shot him. I was hunting a large 10 pt with multiple kickers but when this guy showed up, I had know problem changing my mind. He had another large palmated thing that looped back behind his neck but he had broke it off before I shot him. This was my buck for the year but he had a horse of a body on him. He hit the scales at 200 lbs even. I was quite happy with him. His teeth had him at 4.5 but from watching him for the 3 years, I had him at 5.5.

As for as measuring, you measure the spread from main beam to main beam. All the extra junk has no bearing.

Comment

leave him

leave that ugly youngster to walk another year or in reality let your neighbor shoot him

Comment

I like freaky antlers & would he very tempted

Comment

Drop the hammer son!
                        Shank him!
                        Crush him!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          Oh dang glad you brought that up how would you measure his spread he has another palmation that goes out prolly 5" like a moose scoop
                          I know the regs say inside spread of main beams. But, what do you call a main beam on that buck is the question? That one may have to be sent of to TPWD for clarification on where inside spread is to be measured.

Comment

I would let him walk and possible spread some trashy genes, but that is just me. We don't have a high enough buck ratio that we need to cull based on numbers.

Comment

Shoot

Comment

Working...
                              X