It's ON! Semi-live from South Africa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's ON! Semi-live from South Africa!

Well, after over a year of planning and lots of dreaming and waiting, we are in route to the airport now! Will arrive in RSA tomorrow afternoon @ 5pm (10am our time). We will be hunting with Dare to Bowhunt and if it is half as good as everyone I've spoke with says it is, I have no doubt it will be a trip of a lifetime!! Extremely lucky and blessed to get the chance to go on this trip, but to have it as my honeymoon is just amazing! God definitely blessed me with a good one when he sent Sahara my way!

For this trip, we both got package hunts, but plan on adding some animals as well. Sahara's pack includes blesbuck, impala, and warthog and she is really wanting a crack at a kudu! My package is for nyala, impala, and a warthog or blesbuck. My add on list is pretty much open ended. I REALLy want a zebra, but won't turn down much of anything if it tempts me much and won't empty my pocket book! Pretty much, wildebeest, duiker, steinbok, monkey, Guinea fowl, and who knows what else may be under the chopping block. I read somewhere a fellow said "take what Africa gives you, an don't just hold out for one thing!", so plan on taking that advice to the fullest! I also really wanted to shoot a kudu, but Sahara thought they were the most beautiful animal over there and said if I shot one then she wouldn't, so being the good husband I am (only one week in so gotta keep everything on the up an up as much as possible), I let her have it. Also, we plan on going to one of the big parks and doing a photo safari (definitely will keep the windows up around the cats if we see any ) and doing some fishing for tiger fish as well.

Will keep updated as much as possible. The lodge has wifi, so I'll be able to post there during breaks from the hunts. I can send messages as well, and Bisch has kindly agreed to forward updates as he can! (Thanks again buddy for your help and endless knowledge!)

Anyhow, packed and loaded, so we shall see how it goes! Thanks to all who I've talked to and all the well wishes the last week or so!

Got all my freshly named arrows loaded so hopefully a little of each of y'all's luck will be carried with me all the way through the trip!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433604422.613947.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	25056896Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433604436.421706.jpg
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	25056897Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433604448.928270.jpg
Size:	336.8 KB
ID:	25056898Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433604460.871002.jpg
Size:	357.6 KB
ID:	25056899

good luck!!

Comment

Hope you have a fantastic trip.

Comment

Shiloh, congrats again to you and Sahara, and y'all have a fantastic honeymoon and hunt.

I can't wait to hear all of your stories and to see your pics when you get back!

Bisch

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Thanks folks! Sittin here fixing to board the our flight from Dallas for our first leg of the trip! Only flown twice so this is a lil nerve wrecking!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433610075.102171.jpg
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	24384209

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Best of Luck

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                      Thanks folks! Sittin here fixing to board the our flight from Dallas for our first leg of the trip! Only flown twice so this is a lil nerve wrecking!!

[ATTACH]718342[/ATTACH]
                      Going over is a breeze. Coming home sucks!

Have fun!

Bisch

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Best of luck to you both. Make sure to soak it all in, you only get 1 first trip to Africa. Remember those vitals are a little foreward.

Comment

Have fun and be safe Brother. Take lots of pictures!!!!

Congrats again to you and Sahara

Comment

We have arrived in Atlanta! I read a couple days ago where Atlanta airport was the busiest in the world (90+million folks came thru here last year!!), and actually being here and seeing it confirms in my mind the fact that this small town country boy likes the country life waaaaaaayyyyy better and there are way too many people here and way to much concrete surrounding me!!
                              We just got off the "plane train" being bussed from one terminal to the next. When they said hold on, I should have listened cause I about busted it right after I took our picture! I think that thing has a lil more horse power than my Nissan frontier!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433621171.561004.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	24384217

Hanging out at the gate for now. 3 hours till take off so prolly grab a bite to eat and do some people watching to pass the time for a while!

Originally posted by shortstroke 91 View Post
                              Best of luck to you both. Make sure to soak it all in, you only get 1 first trip to Africa. Remember those vitals are a little foreward.

Yes sir! Been doing a lil reading an learning!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433621315.926254.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	24384219

Comment

Working...
                              X