No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat, That's a great idea for a rod holder in the background!!
    Nice Ambassadeur's, but wouldn't give you a plug nickle for those Lew's... never been a fan and I recently bought one and did my best to try to like it... Sold it because I kept it too long for the Amazon return...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Pat, That's a great idea for a rod holder in the background!!
      Nice Ambassadeur's, but wouldn't give you a plug nickle for those Lew's... never been a fan and I recently bought one and did my best to try to like it... Sold it because I kept it too long for the Amazon return...
      Yeah that's the old cranking reels from my Bass fishing days.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

The old fat handle lews. I have one similar that I liked far better than the new ones

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          The old fat handle lews. I have one similar that I liked far better than the new ones

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Yes sir

Comment

Drifting the flats of the Upper Laguna Madre casting stained water Saturday. Couple of specks and a few Redfish. Released 6 fish - then rolled home - clearing the crowds.

Noticed a lot of anchored boats soaking croakers and shrimp, few wade anglers doing likewise along the shorelines.

I encountered 5 different mud boils as I covered water. Black drum were tearing it up below - not sure what size but it appeared to be the smaller sized fish from the patches of mud they rooted up, and the depth of water I worked. Didn't have any shrimp so ignored the opportunities and drifted through them.

Been 5 months since I've fished - since December 2019. Good to finally get the skiff out and toss some lures. Winds were up - water off color - boats running everywhere and traffic on the Island = nasty.

Good day!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by AtTheWall; 05-25-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
              What do yall make of the allstar classic saltwater rods? Looking to change from my ugly sticks.. would love to go falcon, but dont have the coin and can buy 2 allstars for price of 1 falcon..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              I've been using one of the newer classic series "Poppin'" rods for topwaters the last few years, and I really like it. The way I look at it is, I can't catch fish unless I'm around fish. The quality of the gear i use is secondary to that.

Comment

No fishing this morning weather was beautiful slight north wind.... boat would fire then die Started having issues yesterday that got worse throughout the day. Need to find a good mechanic in SA or surrounding area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang Chris, sorry to hear you are having trouble again!! If you boat has a water filter, check it. If not, get a GOOD one installed before next trip... Sounds like a water in fuel issue more than anything... Good luck gettin' 'er back up and going!

Comment

Dang Chris, sorry to hear you are having trouble again!! If you boat has a water filter, check it. If not, get a GOOD one installed before next trip... Sounds like a water in fuel issue more than anything... Good luck gettin' 'er back up and going!

I’m going to start with the filters and go from there.

Comment

Yep, first thing I had Bryce add to his was a good spin on fuel filter / water separator.

Comment

Doug, I got you covered on the "shrimptail special"...
                        That would be great Charlie! I havent even thrown away the old one yet. Old and ugly but was always the first rig I picked up!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          Yep, first thing I had Bryce add to his was a good spin on fuel filter / water separator.

This one has one on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Look what I found

Very nice. Any of those 7’6”?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                              Very nice. Any of those 7’6”?
                              I don't think so

Comment

I'm still sick over my shrimp tail special getting shut in the tailgate and it was like ten years ago. Green shimano and 6'6 M All star was awesome.

I have a 7' falcon that's never caught a salt fish yet but I really like it. Also just got gifted a 7' ML Daiwa Rebellion. Its unreal. Probably my favorite rod. Handles like a M rod. Good back bone. Handled a 2+# bass the other day that hit a crappie jig in timber.

Waterloo and Castaway both make a solid <$100 rod. Academy rods aren't bad either.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X