Fall Food Plots - Planting Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are you guys planning on planting your fall food plots this year? It seems there is a decent chance of rain next week and the highs for the next ten days is around 83. My dad is going to plant our wheat, elbon Rye and oats this Thursday and hope we can get some rain the following week. As of now, there's a 60% chance Monday through Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

This weekend in Montague County.

Comment

Planting in polk co this weekend.

Comment

Planted last week

Comment

Planted last Thursday. Got a pretty good rain on Monday, and may have got some Sunday. Radar showed my place right on the edge of the rain. Going to try to run up this weekend to see if I have any sprouts coming up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hoping for this weekend in Leon county. Supposed to have rain coming next Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Going out to plant in Archer County this weekend

Comment

This weekend in Throckmorton Co. Cooler temps and some rain appear to be on the way next week!

Comment

End of next week, possibly the week after in Dewitt Co.

Comment

this weekend

Comment

Planted most last week and going to fertilize and throw out the smaller seed this weekend.

Comment

We planted winter peas, oats and clover last sat the 16th, got 3/8th of rain on it Monday. We should be good to go. Trinity County

Comment

Surface soil dry here. "IF" it rains today will start as soon as possible afterwards. Otherwise I'm waiting for rain. The ideal window here is up to Oct. 15.

Comment

We got 1.5" inches Monday near centerville. Running late this year.
                            Hope to plant innext two weeks.
                            And hope Mother Nature, rain and army worms cooperate.

BP

Comment

It is somewhat dry here, will be getting chicken litter out today or tomorrow and then will be waiting for better surface moisture before planting. Planting wheat and over seeding with clovers, have had it do fine waiting for moisture until Oct. 21.

Comment

Working...
                              X