Tri Tip Sous Vide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tri Tip Sous Vide

Decided to sous vide cook a Tri Tip Roast.
    Seasoned and vacuum sealed with some Rosemary sprigs.
    Into a 134 deg water bath for 26 hours.
    It came out perfect and melted in your mouth.
    Served with Grilled Romaine Hearts and twice baked Sweet Potatoes.
    Attached Files

sous vide needs to pay you for advertising

looks great brother

Comment

I need to get one of those... looks good.

Comment

I have to try this, that looks delicious.

Comment

That looks awesome, but can you tell us more about the grilled romaine hearts?

LWD

Comment

Do you give it a quick grill after the soak?

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
              That looks awesome, but can you tell us more about the grilled romaine hearts?

LWD
              Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post

my guess, spray Pam on grill so Romaine won't stick..... brush hearts with favorite vinaigrette or olive oil....... grill over low/med for 1-2 minutes each side .... then remove from grill, coat with Caesar salad dressing and finely shredded Parm

don't over cook Romaine as you want it lightly charred / seared on outside and inside should be cool and crunchy

Comment

how do you keep the temperature constant?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                  how do you keep the temperature constant?

MAGIC

click on this link http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=sous
                  Last edited by Cajun Blake; 06-19-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    my guess, spray Pam on grill so Romaine won't stick..... brush hearts with favorite vinaigrette or olive oil....... grill over low/med for 1-2 minutes each side .... then remove from grill, coat with Caesar salad dressing and finely shredded Parm

don't over cook Romaine as you want it lightly charred / seared on outside and inside should be cool and crunchy
                    You nailed it Blake.
                    I split the hearts but leave the tail to help hold together. Brush with olive oil and season wit sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Face down first on the grill then flip over, and some fresh parm on top. Only takes a minute or so each side. I like Balsamic Vinaigrette for a dressing ceasar works great also.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                      Yes brush with olive oil and I like to add Fiesta Uncle Chris steak seasoning.
                      On to the grill minute each side. Get grill as hot as possible first. You are just searing for the grilled flavor don't want to start the cooking process again.

Comment

That looks terrific!

On thick cuts (elk loin, thick steaks) I do a "reverse sear" which is similar in theory.

I finish a little lower (120) before hitting the high heat sear but I like my meat a little more rare.

Comment

most everything i sous vide, i do for 2-3 hours. any reason why you're leaving them in for 26 hours?

Comment

Originally posted by blaqkpanda View Post
                            most everything i sous vide, i do for 2-3 hours. any reason why you're leaving them in for 26 hours?
                            Was wondering the same. Once it is at temp throughout it doesn't "cook" anymore, but can impact texture. I guess longer makes it softer as it loses structure.

Comment

Originally posted by blaqkpanda View Post
                              I have zero experience here, but maybe to help the flavor from seasonings penetrate the whole piece of meat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X