Any experience with Sig P229?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience with Sig P229?

I'm thinking about picking up a P229 for EDC (standad or Legion). Any one have real world experience they wouldn't mind sharing? Your input would be appreciated.

Quality firearm. Cycle crap ammo just fine. Once you sweat all over it they are prone to surface oxidation

Comment

Awesome guns, I have several...too big for EDC IMO.

Comment

Just picked one up from a TBHer a few weeks ago. Shot it for the first time this weekend and loved it. I won't be going back to my Glock. Probably not a carry gun but accurate and feels great shooting. Highly recommended.

Comment

thanks everyone. weight and size are a concern but I'm still chewing on it lol

Comment

Carried a 226 everyday on duty for 8 years or so. I didn't see the surface issues that people report. Also have a 228 that's easily got 5 or 6 chl courses for various people under it without issues. My brother has a 229 that survived a house fire that still works

Comment

If you feel like you can get bye with single stack capacity try the P225A-1. Otherwise, go with the Legion if you need the extra capacity of the P229. The Gray Guns trigger is as close to a custom action as you will find on a $1,000 off the shelf pistol. The coating will also eliminate the oxidation concerns posted above.

Comment

I have a 229 Enhanced Elite with G10 grips that I love. Little heavy to carry off duty without a good belt but the gun is built like a tank. It just feels like it could take (or give) a beating and continue to work. The Glock 22 I'm carrying on my duty belt now just doesn't feel the same.

Comment

Good info gentlemen. Thank you. I'm pretty set on the P229 Legion. If I decide its a bit much for EDC it gives me an excuse to buy another.

Comment

Working...
                  X